Cro-cop passed the most intimidating staredown torch to JDS.

Cro Cop was far from hulking.

His legs were hulking and he was completely shredded.

The guy was an anti-terrorist squadron leader. Going into the ring was no biggie for a guy training for death.

Not to mention everyone knew he like to do this:
Cro-Cop-KOs-Igor-Vovchanchin-with-kick-to-head.jpg
]

And this:

CroCop-KOs-Waterman-with-soccer-kick-Pride-27.gif

Who wants to get soccer kicked by a former soccer player and K1 kickboxer who destroyed a bunch of K1 champions.

True enough. I reckon prime Cro-cop was a feared man except by those who never had fear in the first place. His own fearlessness made him that much more amazing to watch. In a way I think many things have been passed along with the staredown torch I singled out. JDS has that intimidation factor, or the switch if you will, and certainly has not shown any fear that I've been able to discern.

Perhaps this transition is a testament to the natural aging process and what a younger more agile body can afford a fighter in the way of confidence. It makes sense as far as physics go, with only a select few defying the odds like Anderson Silva.

Either way a lot of the mentioned names are legends in their own right, and we're privileged enough to presently witness the making of new legends.

img_3745_mirko-crocop-vs-wanderlei-silva-best-staredown.jpg

2rgf8dk.png

Is it just age, or maybe the size differences? I don't know, but JDS just looks like evil incarnate right there. The fact that it's Crocop he's staring down is all the more convincing. I'd like to think whatever the reason, the torch was indeed passed. And it's kind of neat to think they're both nice enough guys, but look like straight up killers inside the cage. Same can be said for Cain though, and I can't wait for the rematch!

Not the age, it's the fire within, Crop Cop was a killer, he lost it in that flight from Japan to the states.

Don't pay attention to that idiot...he doesn't even know what "intimidate" means.

Wand was scared walking out to the ring (I remember noticing this, which was strange, because Wand fears no man).

Even Fedor was barking like a dog and psyching himself up before having to finally face CC (after ducking him for years).

I remember seeing videos of this. It was a pretty rare clip, but it exists. He was cool as shit in the ring though. Very composed, even after Crocop rocked him once or twice. Fedor had fantastic stand up in that fight, and rocked CC badly with a huge hook to the ear after throwing him off balance.

Back