Cro-cop passed the most intimidating staredown torch to JDS.

2rgf8dk.png

CC looked like he was gonna cry, something was not there anymore

Brett Rogers about Fedor Staredown : "He is undoubtedly a different fighter. I look into his eyes and I see nothing. I do not know if he is serious. I do not know if he is trying to be funny. I can

That staredown pretty much encapsulates the change in Cro Cop between Pride and UFC. Fire is gone.

JDS looks badass though

the difference is cro cop and wand were beefing at that time, there was no beef with jds, you trying to hard to find the difference between pride and ufc cro-cop, the difference was the competition he had to face.

img_1654_mirko-crocop-vs-igor-vovchanchyn-pride-gp-2003.jpg

images

Last edited:
the difference is cro cop and wand were beefing at that time, there was no beef with jds, you trying to hard to find the difference between pride and ufc cro-cop, the difference was the competition he had to face.

img_1654_mirko-crocop-vs-igor-vovchanchyn-pride-gp-2003.jpg

images

I'm not looking for a difference in that way.

I meant more in a metaphorical context.

But to address you points the competition didn't step up that much, the UFC division was pretty weak when CC came across. That said he got caught badly vs Gonzaga and it changed him. Won't say he was out of his prime then but it was the beginning of the end after that.

Also u pick the picture with Igor a guy Cro-Cop respected incredibly. He wasn't going to stare him down the same.

I'm not looking for a difference in that way.

I meant more in a metaphorical context.

But to address you points the competition didn't step up that much, the UFC division was pretty weak when CC came across. That said he got caught badly vs Gonzaga and it changed him. Won't say he was out of his prime then but it was the beginning of the end after that.

Also u pick the picture with Igor a guy Cro-Cop respected incredibly. He wasn't going to stare him down the same.

That's the point. Crocop and Wand didn't like each other back then, that's why the staredown is so good.

Against fighters that Crocop either liked or was indifferent to, he just looked kind of blank.

I like Aldo's and Fedor's staredowns the most. Calm before the storm.

Diaz is always guaranteed to bring some entertainment as well.

That staredown pretty much encapsulates the change in Cro Cop between Pride and UFC. Fire is gone.

JDS looks badass though

Exactly what I was thinking. And yep, JDS looks badass. :D

I read an article in fighters only mag written by a sports pysch. I paraphrase but the jist is...

A staredown with Wanderlei is like I could get hurt here...

A staredown with fedor is like...'shit, I could die here'

I read an article in fighters only mag written by a sports pysch. I paraphrase but the jist is...

A staredown with Wanderlei is like I could get hurt here...

A staredown with fedor is like...'shit, I could die here'

Aint this the same dude that said that fedor was a psyko? He also said that wanderlei stares you down while fedor exactly when the fight start and he looks up he looks right true you

Back