Cro Cop officially becomes the #2 HW ever

Werdums resume is simply better than cro cops.
people freely heap praise on nog, fedor, crocop but are so reluctant to give werdum his due for some reason. dude submitted fedor, nog and cain and captured ufc gold - i have him at #1 all time at HW.

Agree with a lot do what you say, OP, but the Nellson win wasn't luck. That was one of Nelson's best wins. He had a solid gameplan and used his skill and size well to dominate Cro Cop on the ground, which few have done. Crop Cop has good ground defense and Roy cut right through it.

That's just one more fight where Mirko's pride cost him a lot. He had a torn biceps going into that fight, but he wanted to fight.

people freely heap praise on nog, fedor, crocop but are so reluctant to give werdum his due for some reason. dude submitted fedor, nog and cain and captured ufc gold - i have him at #1 all time at HW.
Werdum is clear cut 3 or 4. It's basically a toss up between him and Crocop. Crocop's kickboxing career can't be discounted as part of his overall contribution to MMA. CC = the GOD of violence.

Can't really agree there, Aliakbari got caught he didn't gas and I think he'd definitely have been riding some hype in the UFC plus of course Mo is still pretty credible, not the best of the best certainly but not cans either.

The big issue for me is style, I think Mirko today could definitely beat someone like Brock when he just needs to worry about shutting down wrestling but up against say JDS, Overeem, Stipe, etc I think his declined speed would still lead to him getting caught a lot.

He was gassed from the 2nd fight against the russian kid and he was terrible in that fight.

Werdum is clear cut 3 or 4. It's basically a toss up between him and Crocop. Crocop's kickboxing career can't be discounted as part of his overall contribution to MMA. CC = the GOD of violence.

Problem is he beat all those guys near the end of their careers.. The others were in the golden age of heavyweight do to speak.

Werdum is far and away the best resume. It's not even close when you look at who they actually beat.
Resume of guys past their prime is deceiving. It's MMA not name collecting. But if you are gonna go there Nog DEMOLiSHes Werdum's resume.

Problem is he beat all those guys near the end of their careers.. The others were in the golden age of heavyweight do to speak.

Pretty much, Fedor in 2010 is an excellent win but considering he then lost the next two I think its hard to paint it as the same as beating him a few years earlier, Nog in 2013 is really not an excellent win, he was waaaaay past his best there are Werdum lost the fight with both closer to their primes(and no he wasn't a BJJ only guy at that point). Cain is excellent as well but still perhaps less than hype made it at the time?

I think his UFC run really put a blemish on his resume. Schaub, Mir, Nelson, Gonzaga, Oliynyk, and Kongo are bad losses imo. That being said, the heavyweight division hasn't been stacked. JDS, Overeem, Werdum, and of course Fedor, all have resumes that are pretty impressive as well.....

It is much easier to avoid Cro Cop's strikes in cage / octagon than in the ring.
Mirko is from boxing / kickboxing, and the same laws of ring movement are valid in ring MMA fighting.

UFC fanboys must realize than UFC unified rules and cage / octagon are bad in many ways, they have lot's of flaws and lot of important aspects of MMA fighting are lacking and non existant in them.
There are another and different rules, and different aproach and view of MMA in PRIDE / RIZIN rules and ring.
PRIDE rules and ring MMA are in my opinion, more dynamic, more diveres and better than unified rules and cage.

7-0 since MMA since losing to Oliynyk, just having finished both Kingo Mo, Aliakbar (biggest HW prospect in the world), and Baruto which was impressive as well. He also avenged his most embarrassing loss.

On top of that, he went 6-1 in kickboxing (should be 7-0 as well, loss to Bonjasky was very controversial), including wins over great opponents like Miller, Zhurvalev, and Londt (currently ranked as the #3 HW kickboxer, which he knocked down and almost finished).

The guy is 42 years, and his latest KB and MMA exploits are greater than whatever any HW has done lately (including Stipe and Werdum, and any other UFC fighter).

His UFC run was very subpar, but he never should have lost to the likes of Mir, Schaub, and Nelson, Gonzaga who were pretty lucky to have beat him imo. He wasn’t in the right mindset during his UFC run, had nagging injuries, and was close to retiring. Fighting in a cage is obviously very detrimental to him as well; have no doubt he would have startched those three in the ring.

Has definitely surpassed Noguiera, and no active fighter is gonna come close to his accomplishments.

Also Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 rematch in the ring would be awesome at this stage. Similar to the Hopkins RJJ storyline.
Ngannou1.gif

968713_o.gif

IBM you do realize the #1 got kid by a me, the current champ got kid by Strive and the guy TS is touting got Kid by Mir, Schaub, Gonzaga and on?

You know everyone loses right?

What are you trying to say? Use your words.

Werdum gets shit on for sure. Unjustly. He's one of the HW goats

Yep, he is now officially behind Fedor.

lol at all those saying Werdum and Big Nig.

Yeah, I seriously don't understand where all this Werdum hype is coming from. Sure he beat Fedor at a time he was slowing down, but it was similar to Weidman beating Silva at the tail end of his career. He has the win over Cain, which is probably his most impressive, but given the fact that was a version of him that was half shot from all the injuries, didn't even prepare properly for the altitude, and completely gassed - is it really that impressive that he should be ranked #2-3 off that alone? He did not even defend and lost the title badly in his next fight, and has just as many inconsistent losses throughout his career as Cro Cop. If he beat Stipe, defended against Overeem, yeah I would have no problem with ranking him as high as #2, or maybe even on par with Fedor, but what he did in the UFC is pretty much what Nog did as well. Cro Cop's 06 GP win is much more impressive than anything Werdum did.

To me it seems clear that the debate at #2 should be between Nog and Cro Cop, and if we count just MMA accomplishments, yeah I'd give Nog the edge, but if we count longevity, impressive performances (i.e. not getting your shit handed to you for 90% of the fight and pulling out wins), and most importantly kickboxing accomplishments, I would have Cro Cop ahead.

Not sure if serious. Had a terrible run in the ufc. Gets popped for peds. Leaves and goes fights bums with lord knows what in his system and is appluaded for this?

Not sure if serious. Had a terrible run in the ufc. Gets popped for peds. Leaves and goes fights bums with lord knows what in his system and is appluaded for this?

So you think Aliakbari, who got his gold medal stripped for doping, was fighting clean? Finishing Mo and Aliakbari is much more impressive than anything Arlovski did lately, and UFC has him at #7 ffs. Someone like Ismael Londt would have a field day with the UFC HW roster if he learned takedown defense.

Congrats lovebirds. Noone else agrees.

Back