Cro Cop officially becomes the #2 HW ever

Let's see how Nelson/Schaub/Mir would do vs. Ismael Londt in kickboxing, or King Mo at HW lolz. Mirko doesn't fight well in the cage, and his UFC run was subpar yes, but he came back from that and got his revenge on Gonzaga. Where are those fighters now, and where is Cro Cop? Rizing GP winner, and K1 GP winner since.

And the #1 HW shouldn't get steamrolled by Maldonado either, but it happens.

And to all those saying he was on the juice, do you think Aliakbari who got stripped from his medal due to doping, and his opponents weren't?

Both Mo and Aliakbari were favorites over him, and Baruto was only a 2.2 to 1 underdog last night.
I agree Fedor and cro cop wouldnt make top 10 in the UFC even in their prime, fedor was dominated by bigfoot silva.

By winning a third rate competition in Japan?
Fuck no.

Let's see how Nelson/Schaub/Mir would do vs. Ismael Londt in kickboxing, or King Mo at HW lolz. Mirko doesn't fight well in the cage, and his UFC run was subpar yes, but he came back from that and got his revenge on Gonzaga. Where are those fighters now, and where is Cro Cop? Rizing GP winner, and K1 GP winner since.
literally the only fighter you listed who you could consider getting lucky was GG with the head kick - and even that had nothing to do with luck, he messed him up with the GnP elbows.

the crocop in the ufc wouldn't have done any better in a ring, he was a completely different fighter, no confidence and unable to pull the trigger.

where are those fighters now? mostly still in the ufc, where the real competition is. and K1 has nothing at all to do with someone being the "official #2 mma HW".

I love Crocop as much as the next Pride fan, but winning Rizin against random boobs means nothing.

All Time rankings are for idiots but that will not take the joy of watching Mirko fight for me.

Number 1, 2, 3 or 47 he is amazing and the way he is performing at 42 is impressive considering the hundreds of fights he already had.

War Mirkooo

He looks like a different person in Rizin, DEM TRAPS SON

Imo:

1. Fedor
2. Werdum
3. Cro Cop
4. Nog
5. JDS

Fighting scrubs in Rizin while roiding and using HGH doesn't make for #2 all of time.

He looks like a different person in Rizin, DEM TRAPS SON

Looked pretty much the same as his last UFC fight to me but really he's been carrying a lot more muscle than his earlier career for the past few years, I'd say a acknowledgement that he's simply not going to win via speed anymore so might as well go for power instead.

Great for him and I am always going to be a fan.
But if we are being honest he beat a bunch of cans and past their prime..King Mo is a past his prime fringe Top 10, Baruto is big, and Aliakbari is terible.. Just a big wrestler with a bad gas tank.. Nothing I saw from him showed me that he was anything special

Agree with a lot do what you say, OP, but the Nellson win wasn't luck. That was one of Nelson's best wins. He had a solid gameplan and used his skill and size well to dominate Cro Cop on the ground, which few have done. Crop Cop has good ground defense and Roy cut right through it.

Why stop at 2?

Let's just call him the greatest ever P4P athlete in any sport.

7-0 since MMA since losing to Oliynyk, just having finished both Kingo Mo, Aliakbar (biggest HW prospect in the world), and Baruto which was impressive as well. He also avenged his most embarrassing loss.

On top of that, he went 6-1 in kickboxing (should be 7-0 as well, loss to Bonjasky was very controversial), including wins over great opponents like Miller, Zhurvalev, and Londt (currently ranked as the #3 HW kickboxer, which he knocked down and almost finished).

The guy is 42 years, and his latest KB and MMA exploits are greater than whatever any HW has done lately (including Stipe and Werdum, and any other UFC fighter).

His UFC run was very subpar, but he never should have lost to the likes of Mir, Schaub, and Nelson, Gonzaga who were pretty lucky to have beat him imo. He wasn’t in the right mindset during his UFC run, had nagging injuries, and was close to retiring. Fighting in a cage is obviously very detrimental to him as well; have no doubt he would have startched those three in the ring.

Has definitely surpassed Noguiera, and no active fighter is gonna come close to his accomplishments.

Also Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 rematch in the ring would be awesome at this stage. Similar to the Hopkins RJJ storyline.

Thats allot of excuses right there

Great for him and I am always going to be a fan.
But if we are being honest he beat a bunch of cans and past their prime..King Mo is a past his prime fringe Top 10, Baruto is big, and Aliakbari is terible.. Just a big wrestler with a bad gas tank.. Nothing I saw from him showed me that he was anything special

Can't really agree there, Aliakbari got caught he didn't gas and I think he'd definitely have been riding some hype in the UFC plus of course Mo is still pretty credible, not the best of the best certainly but not cans either.

The big issue for me is style, I think Mirko today could definitely beat someone like Brock when he just needs to worry about shutting down wrestling but up against say JDS, Overeem, Stipe, etc I think his declined speed would still lead to him getting caught a lot.

Do they have USADA in Japan?

Also, dude was mental garbage in the UFC. Don't know why. UFC has great fighters, but he was also different.
No they don't have you seen Gabbi Garia? And CC himself looked yoked to the gills for the King Mo fight.

Pretty sure TRT is permitted where hes fighting now so it dont really matter what he does

Dude looked like in competition arnold while mowing his lawn

7-0 since MMA since losing to Oliynyk, just having finished both Kingo Mo, Aliakbar (biggest HW prospect in the world), and Baruto which was impressive as well. He also avenged his most embarrassing loss.

On top of that, he went 6-1 in kickboxing (should be 7-0 as well, loss to Bonjasky was very controversial), including wins over great opponents like Miller, Zhurvalev, and Londt (currently ranked as the #3 HW kickboxer, which he knocked down and almost finished).

The guy is 42 years, and his latest KB and MMA exploits are greater than whatever any HW has done lately (including Stipe and Werdum, and any other UFC fighter).

His UFC run was very subpar, but he never should have lost to the likes of Mir, Schaub, and Nelson, Gonzaga who were pretty lucky to have beat him imo. He wasn’t in the right mindset during his UFC run, had nagging injuries, and was close to retiring. Fighting in a cage is obviously very detrimental to him as well; have no doubt he would have startched those three in the ring.

Has definitely surpassed Noguiera, and no active fighter is gonna come close to his accomplishments.

Also Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 rematch in the ring would be awesome at this stage. Similar to the Hopkins RJJ storyline.
I can get on board with 3. But no HW is even close to Nog.

Werdum is far and away the best resume. It's not even close when you look at who they actually beat.

Back