Cro Cop officially becomes the #2 HW ever

No Mas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
7-0 since MMA since losing to Oliynyk, just having finished both Kingo Mo, Aliakbar (biggest HW prospect in the world), and Baruto which was impressive as well. He also avenged his most embarrassing loss.

On top of that, he went 6-1 in kickboxing (should be 7-0 as well, loss to Bonjasky was very controversial), including wins over great opponents like Miller, Zhurvalev, and Londt (currently ranked as the #3 HW kickboxer, which he knocked down and almost finished).

The guy is 42 years, and his latest KB and MMA exploits are greater than whatever any HW has done lately (including Stipe and Werdum, and any other UFC fighter).

His UFC run was very subpar, but he never should have lost to the likes of Mir, Schaub, and Nelson, Gonzaga who were pretty lucky to have beat him imo. He wasn’t in the right mindset during his UFC run, had nagging injuries, and was close to retiring. Fighting in a cage is obviously very detrimental to him as well; have no doubt he would have startched those three in the ring.

Has definitely surpassed Noguiera, and no active fighter is gonna come close to his accomplishments.

Also Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 rematch in the ring would be awesome at this stage. Similar to the Hopkins RJJ storyline.

Werdum and Fedor are above him in any list.

Fedor yes, but if they rematch now I'd favor Cro Cop tbh. And then if Cro Cop wins it becomes a RJJ vs Hopkins scenario, who was better? The ungodly good one in his prime who had a lackluster end to his career, or the one who has been more consistent and managed to do very well as he got towards the end of his career?

Werdum definitely not.

His recent run is great and nice to see, but it doesn't mean that much for his legacy. Remember who won when he and Big Nog faced each other in their primes.

didn't McDonald knock him the fuck out in K1?
What's your point?

Cro Cop is number 2 HW ever. And if he got to rematch Nog instead of fighting Roy Nelson, he would've evened that out. And if fedor would've been in the tournament yesterday, he would've got handed a beat down.

Respect the police

Hands up, don't blink

ACAB

Do they have USADA in Japan?

Also, dude was mental garbage in the UFC. Don't know why. UFC has great fighters, but he was also different.

His recent run is great and nice to see, but it doesn't mean that much for his legacy. Remember who won when he and Big Nog faced each other in their primes.
Nog got his ass beat for 10 min. That was a hall Mary, come from behind victory. Cro cop is and always was better than Nog

CroCop is literally the GOAT if you take ring-ads out of both the Nog and Fedor fights. Even still, with those losses, I'd say, yes, he is #2 now.

#1 Fedor
#2 Nogueira
#3 Cro Cop
#4/5/6/7 Werdum/Cain/JDS/Miocic as their story still has not finished
#8 Barnett (he was a beast in his prime)

Werdum has a major issue with fighters who keep the fight standing and can outstrike him. Look at all his losses, they are better strikers whom we couldn't get to the ground. I think that any heavyweight that outstrikes him can potentially beat him as his takedowns are really not that good.

Cain's injuries really are destroying his career. He is the only fighter whom I'm not sure if a prime Fedor could beat.

JDS is also one of the greats. His only truly disappointing loss in the UFC has been against Overeem. I think he will fight smarter in a rematch and would beat him every time if they would fight another 10 times.

Miocic is a really good heavyweight and the champ! Still to be seen if he is one of the greats though. That loss against Struve brings in questions. Miocic vs Cain looks like a dream matchup to me.

Cro Cop is a fucking legend. Amazing performances in RIZIN.

I know you're trying to hype your boy but in what fucking universe is Aliakbari better than Pavlovich, Ngannou or on?

Yes great wrestler, huge muscles, so far mediocre MMA fighter

I'm happy for Cro Cop, while It was awesome to see him win and I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he just beat a LHW and a couple of guys that would still be on the regional circuit in the states to win the GP last night.

Fedor yes, but if they rematch now I'd favor Cro Cop tbh. And then if Cro Cop wins it becomes a RJJ vs Hopkins scenario, who was better? The ungodly good one in his prime who had a lackluster end to his career, or the one who has been more consistent and managed to do very well as he got towards the end of his career?

Werdum definitely not.

Not sure about that personally, Mirko's still excellent at shutting down wrestlers like the ones he fought in Rizin and has the power to punish them but he's really noticbley lacking in speed and Fedor whilst he might have slowed down quite a bit is still a good deal faster with power. I'm guessing its actually not impossible Bellator or Rizin tries to put it together though.

As far as Hopkins and RJJ goes its a bit of a tough one as I think you could argue the former wasn't quite hitting his peak when they first fought in 93 were as Mirko most definitely was at his peak in 2005. On the other side as well I think both Crocop and Fedor have fallen along way since that point to the degree neither may well be in the top 10 ability wise at HW.

As far as Mirko's status I still think he's behind Nog, some decent but not elite wins maybe might edge him ahead of Werdum and JDS for the #3 spot at the moment? Theers been very little between those three for awhile if you ask me.

I'm happy for Cro Cop, while It was awesome to see him win and I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he just beat a LHW and a couple of guys that would still be on the regional circuit in the states to win the GP last night.
He beat a light heavyweight chap who was favored to beat him. The sumo was a gimme and amir is a prospect. And he did it all in 3 days time

I know you're trying to hype your boy but in what fucking universe is Aliakbari better than Pavlovich, Ngannou or on?

Yes great wrestler, huge muscles, so far mediocre MMA fighter

He's mediocre because he just started, carries a lot of muscle mass, and had two very tiring fights. He's not polished, but neither was Lesnar. This guy has plenty of potential to be a great HW, it will all depend on his training, how he fights when he is not on juice, and whether he takes a serious approach after this loss or not.

King Mo was 9-0 at HW, beat Cheick Kongo with ease, should have won vs. Rampage, and what Mirko had 10 lbs on him max? King Mo is an impressive win for anyone.

Nog and Mirko are close, but Mirko was lighting him up before he got caught due to that slip, and we never got to see a rematch. Nog had a better UFC career, but he also failed to rebound from his losses unlike Cro Cop. I guess if we are talking strictly MMA Nog might still be better, but if we take into account Cro Cop's kickboxing run, and that he was a much more dangerous fighter, and the most feared striker in the world, how good he is at the tail end of his career still, I'd give him the edge.

Back