Cro Cop has spoken

Who does Mirko get on his second run at UFC for welcomeback?

Mirko vs Hunt
Mirko vs Gonzaga II
Mirko vs Schaub II
Mirko vs Nelson/ Overeem winner
Mirko vs black monster

Possibilities are endless.

Mirko loses every one of those fights.

This has to do with keeping him from Bellator. I refuse to see it any other way. And it's going to be depressing to watch.

10393940_10153122452130774_8657112602158220167_n.jpg

can anyone recommend some fights on youtube. I wanna see if this guy legit

No. Just no.

And I'm saying this as a nuthugger bordering on irrational nuthugger, but he is one of the legends, he had a legacy, he had a good thing going in kickboxing - he really didn't need to do this...

Yikes. Mirko seemed to hit the end of his prime before coming to UFC the first time. Since leaving the UFC, he has only beaten undersized Japanese HW's and lost to another HW who went on to go to the UFC! So the one guy who would earn his way to the UFC is the same guy that beat Mirko. I'm not sure how well Mirko will do in the UFC.

I'm kind of surprised UFC took Mirko back. I suppose if he had left and then went on like a 6 fight winning streak it would make sense. Maybe they are looking at his kickboxing record since leaving UFC which is a respectable 7 - 1 - 0.

Well, even old man Mirko is prospectively dangerous to most HWs.

Some potentially winnable fights for him would be:

Frank Mir
Gabriel Gonzaga Rematch
AA
Stefan Struve
Matt Mitrione
Mark Hunt
Brendan Schaub rematch
Maybe, maybe Josh Barnett (beat him in the past, but they are at two very different times in their careers).
Big Nog
Soa Palelei
Maybe Antonio Silva

Hmmm, I gues there are som winnable fights for the guy after all.

Definitely winnable, but would he be the favorite against any of those guys?

So yeah, he could win a fight or two, but at what cost?

Eh I'm not against it. Guy is still fighting anyways may as well be in the UFC. He beat on Ishii twice and wasn't doing bad kickboxing. Smart move by the UFC keeping him and page from bellator.

well if he wants a rematch, i wouldnt mind a schaub fight. dont wanna waste a top ranked opponent on him and dont wanna match him up where hes very likely gonna get ko'd

Definitely winnable, but would he be the favorite against any of those guys?

So yeah, he could win a fight or two, but at what cost?

Well right now Hunt is ranked. And you know that if he fought Hunt it would be a kickboxing match. Granted, in MMA CC hasn't been great, but in kickboxing he has gone 7 - 1 - 0 since he left the UFC, including winning the K-1 World Grand Prix tournament. He is still a legit kickboxer.

I literally can not express my disapproval here.

Huge fan of Mirko, countryman, very much a hero really but I can't stomach this.

Not again.

No matter what you think of him, so many interesting matchups

why? Because they are both old, way past their prime and looked like grade A dogshit in their last few fights?

Ummm, AA winning by KO in the first in his last fight against a top ten opponent = Grade A dogsh*t?

My favorite fighter of all time. He needs a winnable fight please!

True enough.

I love Cro Cop, don't want to see him get ko'd anymore though. He's a really intelligent guy but I guess he has that need to fight.

He's my favorite fighter, and yeah, I'm not happy he's still fighting, but the reality is, he is. It's not any more or less damaging to get KOed in the UFC than by nobodies in Japan or Eastern Europe; even cans can throw brutally hard shots. Since he doesn't give a shit about his health, he might as well get some decent paychecks and some international exposure again.

War Cro Cop!

Congrats, your username is relevant yet again. Who would have guessed that about an '07 account...

Back