Cro-Cop at 205lbs in the UFC?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Could he make a run? He just won the Rizin OWGP and TKO'd King Mo, and two HW's in the process. I think he could make 205 pretty easily and it would get him in shape like never before. I think he gets beat by top 5 maybe top 10 but he could maybe make some noise. Thoughts?

I think we will never see him at 205... too much pride and he actually put on size the last years.

No. And I'm a fan.

I can't see crocop getting starched any more. Gongaza 1 and 100% fight still haunts me

He is HUGE right now...no way he makes 205.

He has said before he would feel like a coward if he went to 205. Besides he enjoys his roids too much to come to the ufc.

I love the dude but I don't think the piss test would be so hot.

I see a pattern here.

Get starched in the UFC... temporarily retire to a Japanese juice regimen for some can crushing... return to the UFC for more starching...

Lather rinse repeat!

He's said himself many times, that he'd have to cut off a leg to make 205. It will never happen.

Look, I love Cro Cop, and I've doubted him the past 5 years because his UFC run was a cathartic rollercoaster. However, he has improved in the clinch and has great dirty boxing. His reflexes are still shot and I think he will struggle against faster fighters. I can't imagine anyone being stronger than him at 205, not even Cormier. Cro Cop is a bitch to take down unless you catch his kicks.

I don't want to see it. He's taken a lot of damage and, whether we like it or not, he did admit to HGH. He's looks considerably better, physically speaking, although he's never been out of shape. I can't decipher whether that's PEDs or perhaps the nagging injuries didn't bother him as much over the past couple years. He did say that this was his hardest training camp and that he did in fact have some injuries in this camp specifically, so who knows? Just ride off in the sunset. He had an incredible resurgence with the K-1 GP win, the Gonzaga win, and now the RIZIN champ.

Well.. he was 233lbs for Rizin GP and did not look shredded or anything. He COULD make 205. He is no bigger than Glover or Bader.
Also he was petty strong there. He would not get outmuscled by anyone at 205.

Buuuut...

He fought at 213lbs at some point and still did not make the cut there. He is too manly to cut weight. Specially at 42 years old.

He's said himself many times, that he'd have to cut off a leg to make 205. It will never happen.
TBH Mirko never cut weight in his life and does not know what he is talking about... he could make 205 if he works his nutrition. Still aint happening.

why must you go there. enough hearts have been broken already.

Crocop could have done this run back in the day but he is too old. Dont forget when he came to the UFC he was already in his 30's. Guy is a true warrior. He is finacially very well off but the guy just loves fighting so much he cant stop no matter how many injuries or losses. #respect

Back