Critique my shadow boxing

MixMartialFarts

Butters Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sorry about the shitty vertical camera angle.

Last edited:
Good stuff mate I like it. You're pretty consistent with your form which shows me you aren't just flailing or throwing randomly.
Things I'd work on;

1. Turn your straights over a little more and snap them back, it looks little like they're being pushed and not punched, if that makes sense!
2. Move your head just a bit more when you defend, it's good you're slipping and moving your head, but it looks like you wouldn't move far enough to make them miss. Keep bending from the knees so you don't bend from the hip (you aren't doing this yet but it's a risk when people slip or bob and weave lower). Imagine a washing line at the height of your jaw, you need to get your head under that when you bob. Example: if you only get your jaw under the line they will miss your jaw but still hit your temple.

Keep it up brother! Mirrors and video are one of the best training partners!

Looks like your fighting the invisible man, so looking good I guess..

I’d say slow down in between combos and really put your all into a combo or single punch instead of just rapid fire going the whole time. Basically take your time

I would say, try to include shadow boxing like your combinations are to be interrupted by their strikes and work from it like how it is in sparring and in fights.

You tend to just step back after a combo to reset than using lateral movement to get out.

You tend to stay in one spot when throwing combinations. No one stays in a spot unless it's on the fence or ropes. They're moving back or getting away somehow.

Tldr: more lateral movement and I guess that it much more like sparring

Last edited:
I’d say slow down in between combos and really put your all into a combo or single punch instead of just rapid fire going the whole time. Basically take your time
Great advice. I was going to say something similar. Also push off the back foot a bit more when throwing the right. The hip rotation is pretty good, but he could be transferring more mass as he punches.

You often do a double fist pump just before your jab leading into your combos. It's a bit of a 'here I come' tell.

But nice work, you look good.

You often do a double fist pump just before your jab leading into your combos. It's a bit of a 'here I come' tell.

But nice work, you look good.
Thanks, yea I know the fist bump thing is a hard habbit for me to break for some reason

I thought you looked good but I also spotted that tell quickly.

Looks good enough to me...the only thing I noticed was that it seems like you throw your right hand across towards your left side noticeably. It almost looks like you're aiming outside of your opponent's right cheek but could just be the angle it was filmed at.

Back