5x5 Bench Press
5x5 Weighted Pullups
3x8 Z-bar Biceps Curls :p

Thursday

5x5 Deadlift
5x5 Military Press
5x5 Bent over Rows
3x10 Weighted Dips

In end of both days i do 3x10 weighted situps(close to failure) and neck work.

This is basically the Sherdog 2 day split. I added the biceps curls and dips. Dont laugh at the curls please my wife likes bicepses :p. Im not really sure what kind of reps i should be doing with pullups and dips. If theres anything else that i could add to this that would be beneficial would be awesome, this is the only workout im doing atm and i love to train, wouldnt mind adding like 1 more exercise to both days.

Also in the 5x5 scheme im adding weight progressively if i feel like i can lift more and still finish with the 5x5. For instance on monday i started work set with 55kg, then 60,62,65 and 65.

Looks fine. For deadlifts you might want to lower the volume a bit, either fewer sets or shorter sets, because deadlifts can be hard on you once the weight gets heavier.

Don't be scared of keeping the weight sets across - it's meant to be easy in the beginning. This will allow more time for adaptation, and you will probably stall later if you did it that way. e.g. 55 x 5 x 5, 57.5 x 5 x 5.

The way you're doing it will lead to a quicker burn-out and also at a lower weight, most likely.

Otherwise good!

Basic, decent, and fine. Nothing wrong with it and then tweak it to fit your need. I prefer everything but my main lifts to be in higher volumes. 3x8 or 3x10.

i have nothing to add, but im just curious: what is your goal with this routine?

Don't apologize for curls. Too many people fall into the trap of only doing the big lifts and "functional" assistance like GHRs and face-pulls. There's a place for curls and other bro work.

Id wager a good percentage of people who talk shit about bros and curls and all that nonsense do curls themselves

Anyway, solid 2 day split. Deads will get rough if the weight is increasing.

Id wager a good percentage of people who talk shit about bros and curls and all that nonsense do curls themselves

Anyway, solid 2 day split. Deads will get rough if the weight is increasing.

"Curls. Big arms are fun, and if their training doesn't interfere with the rest of the program, wait till everybody's gone, like I do."
-Mark Rippetoe

Seriously, I don't think there is a single good reason for practically everybody regardless of their goals not to do SOME arm work.

am i correct to assume this routine is good for hiperthophy even if it is a two day split?

i assume it is not for maintanence since he is progressively adding weight.

anyone?

It'll make a beginner grow if they eat well.

But that's because they're untrained.

There's not enough volume and intensity in a 5x5 program to meet the needs for people who are already big.

Just because you're moving more weight doesn't mean that you'll be growing bigger.

i have nothing to add, but im just curious: what is your goal with this routine?

My goal is to build decent levels of strength to train explosive later for boxing/MMA. And hopefully to maybe get abit more Rambo look. :icon_chee

so its just a similar routine to SL but with additional bodybuilding exercises.

ok, thats what i wanted to know!:D thanks

Back