Criticism of Antifa = RACIST!!!

How does anyone even take Toobin serious. This is the guy Alan Dershowitz used to smash every week.

The more people call Trump a racist without proof that could be presented in a court of law, the more white independents will feel an innate need to side with him, even though he is a classless conman.

Are these people so stupid that they think the average white person throws up their arms in outrage over every accusation of racism these days? Eye rolling is more like it.

How is this trivial and why do this for only ANTIFA related criticism?
We don't do it only for Antifa-related criticism. Have you not seen our Mueller thread? What the cops did wrong today thread?

This is just a head's up.

Pointing out the people you’re saying it’s rwcost to criticize aren’t the race the one crying racist says they are is racist

Maybe @Trotsky can come in and explain how complicated and nuanced this is.

Nope, don't agree with Tobin.

I do agree with the second guy, i.e. how Trump is presenting himself as a cultural wartime president to consolidate support and instill in his supporters that he is the last line of defense against a myriad of scary, albeit vague and ever-changing, people and movements. He's the protector from liberal elites, from violent gangs, from rising crime rates (that aren't rising), from intellectuals, from immigrants, from left-wing partisans, from media institutions, yada yada yada yada.

But, no, I don't think fear mongering about antifa is dog whistling for doing the same about POC. While black and browns persons may well be overrepresented in antifa and like groups, I've never gotten the impression that antifa is considered to be a black militant group or anything of the sort lol.

I do agree with the second guy, i.e. how Trump is presenting himself as a cultural wartime president to consolidate support and instill in his supporters that he is the last line of defense against a myriad of scary, albeit vague and ever-changing, people and movements. He's the protector from liberal elites, from violent gangs, from rising crime rates (that aren't rising), from intellectuals, from immigrants, from left-wing partisans, from media institutions, yada yada yada yada.

But, no, I don't think fear mongering about antifa is dog whistling for doing the same about POC. While black and browns persons may well be overrepresented in antifa and like groups, I've never gotten the impression that antifa is considered to be a black militant group or anything of the sort lol.

I believe most antifa members are white. Every time I see a ghastly Antifa horde most of them are white people.

I agree with your assessment of trump portraying himself as the shield against the groups you mentioned -- but have you come across sources that say Antifa has a significant over-representational breakdown of minorities -- thus far i have only seen a strong makeup of white youth.

Personally, I think antifa would be considered a bunch of pussies by black people.

A bunch of 'privileged' white kids that felt left out of the movement

Maybe @Trotsky can come in and explain how complicated and nuanced this is.

Nahhh I’d like zebby to chime in or metra....I don’t know they’re all like that piss just before the shit. You know one will come and the other right after

Nahhh I’d like zebby to chime in or metra....I don’t know they’re all like that piss just before the shit. You know one will come and the other right after

Ain't that the truth lol.

I agree with your assessment of trump portraying himself as the shield against the groups you mentioned -- but have you come across sources that say Antifa has a significant over-representational breakdown of minorities -- thus far i have only seen a strong makeup of white youth.

No, I am just going on personal experience, and it's possible that Antifa is an outlier compared to other left-wing groups. And I wouldn't say "significant overrepresentation," so much as an overrepresentation that is in-line with the politics of racial minorities in the country.

Ain't that the truth lol.

Look at that.

You tag me in an empty insult post, I respond with a thoughtful and thorough response, and then you respond with another shit post insulting me. Meanwhile you aren't making any substantive contributions.

And you guys are the ones lamenting the fact that discourse has degenerated so much that groups like Antifa exist - yet you're incapable of good faith discussion.

No, I am just going on personal experience, and it's possible that Antifa is an outlier compared to other left-wing groups. And I wouldn't say "significant overrepresentation," so much as an overrepresentation that is in-line with the politics of racial minorities in the country.

I mean significant outside of a reasonable margin of error in terms of demographics -- in toronto, its pretty much all white youth. who seem not to be a college fringe but rather who follow a punk rock / metal lifestyle.

So, is Antifa immune to criticism now?

Racist against who? They are mostly just a bunch of privileged white kids (young adults) that want shit for free and don't want to hear anyone tell them why they can't have it.

Look at that.

You tag me in an empty insult post, I respond with a thoughtful and thorough response, and then you respond with another shit post insulting me. Meanwhile you aren't making any substantive contributions.

And you guys are the ones lamenting the fact that discourse has degenerated so much that groups like Antifa exist - yet you're incapable of good faith discussion.

He was referencing that you guys gang up in threads, I think. And I think you guys do and it's impossible to have a conversation with 3 people at the same time.

But don't change the subject from you micharacterizing antifa

Toobin is an intellectually dishonest hack.

I mean significant outside of a reasonable margin of error in terms of demographics

Outside of reasonable MOE in demographics for the entire country? Yes, particularly with black persons
Outside of reasonable MOE in demographics of left-wing persons or even registered Democrats? Probably not, considering Democrat supporters are only about 50% white.

He was referencing that you guys gang up in threads, I think. And I think you guys do and it's impossible to have a conversation with 3 people at the same time.

But don't change the subject from you micharacterizing antifa

Huh? So only one right-wing person and one-left wing persons should post in any thread at any given time, lest they be "ganging up" and giving you an excuse to shit post?

There are a lot of posters here. There are bound to be multiple posters of similar political leaning responding to a thread. And it's perfectly possible to respond to multiple posters at once: it's call multi-quoting and it's quite easy.

Back