Critical Thinking a Lost Art

Yes unfortunately.

I can understand physical laziness but people are so mentally lazy now.

If they need an opinion, solution, or information they just Google it. But they have no ability to discern fact from fiction.

Teachers now think it's their job to teach their own political slant rather than teach the kids how to think critically for themselves.

Yes unfortunately.

I can understand physical laziness but people are so mentally lazy now.

If they need an opinion, solution, or information they just Google it. But they have no ability to discern fact from fiction.

Teachers now think it's their job to teach their own political slant rather than teach the kids how to think critically for themselves.
Tldr

Thinking in general isn't as important as it used to be.

I think it's a lost art. Back in the day kids had greater freedoms and human nature was allowed to take course within reason. You did what was in your nature and learned the good and bad of it.

You learn critical thinking when your actions have real consequences. Kids climbed trees. They'd fall and hurt themselves. If they mouthed off to an adult they'd get their asses beaten. Adults were dependent on jobs and deadbeats were frowned upon.

Kids are living in a virtual world and dealing with fewer real consequences for actions. I see parents pleading with their children to do what they say as the kid ignores them. Adults aren't any better. There are adults actively avoiding being employed. They still have $ for Xbox live, rent, gas, electricity, and tattoos so why would they work?

When life has fewer consequences for bad decisions critical thinking is harder to learn. Risk / reward consideration becomes less important. Knock up a girl? She can get an abortion or be on state and federal subsidy. Overdose multiple times? There's enough NARCAN to go around.

Last edited:
The more people you vaccinate the more cases of the virus you get......Could it possibly be that the 2 things are related?

Is the above an example of critical thinking or is critical thinking just thinking what the media tells you to think?

Not lost, but burried nder SJW and other BS.

Think how Hitchenson would be received by the SJW. Look at Dawkins and the promuslim crowd.

Humans were never good at critical thinking. Evolution built us with cognitive biases and heuristics, tendencies in behaviour and emotions that help us in our survival, but don't necessarily help us perceive reality as it is. Clear thinking was never the measuring stick. People with higher cognitive skills were likely selected because intelligence was useful for survival. Basically it's one phenotype among many, and it's a side-effect that we're able to engage in critical thinking. But there are many ways to play the game of evolution, e.g. social influence, hard work, athletic skills, physical appearance, leadership abilities, deceitful and aggressive behaviour, risk-taking, etc. There are always going to be a lot of dumb people because they passed through the sieve of evolution using means other than cognitive skills.

Going by my extensive SD experience, yes it is.

I don’t know but if sherdog has taught me anything, it’s some pink haired women studies professor that is at fault.

Back