Cristiano Marcello's BJJ

pepo6ka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't really know how good he is but he has to be pretty awesome on the ground to be a BJJ coach for Chute Box fighters. So, my question was where do you think his BJJ stands compared to guys like Maia and Werdum and do you know something about his performance in BJJ competitions?

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/cristiano-marcello-fighter-wiki

Here's link on his stuff. Not really won anything big in competition but does say he had success at black belt level in some competitions. The guy's a black belt under Royler Gracie and he trained extensively under Rickson as well - he's gonna have some good jiu-jitsu but not necessarily on Werdum and Maia's level because they are genuinely the top grapplers in the world at their weight class; there will be very few guys able to be competitive with either of them on the ground.

I don't really know how good he is but he has to be pretty awesome on the ground to be a BJJ coach for Chute Box fighters. So, my question was where do you think his BJJ stands compared to guys like Maia and Werdum and do you know something about his performance in BJJ competitions?

Vinny>All

The best fighter is not always the best coach-the best coach is not always the best fighter. While he may not be on the performance level of some higher up guys- his knowledge and well knowing of the ground game makes him an extremely good bjj coach.

He may have good BJJ in tournaments but as far as mma style bjj.... its still remains to be seen

As for Cristiano, we are teammates from the same BJJ school, and in my opinion he has one of the best guards in the game, just hasnt had the opportunity to show yet.

wow, vinny posted. an honour for us! good luck with your upcoming fights!

The best fighter is not always the best coach-the best coach is not always the best fighter. While he may not be on the performance level of some higher up guys- his knowledge and well knowing of the ground game makes him an extremely good bjj coach.

yes.

anyone know the story behind this fight. looks like krazy horse is just sitting there watching t.v. and marcello starts fucking with him.

You have it down pretty much, the part that was cut out was Krazy Horse waking up and knocking out Wanderlei.

If you are just talking about pure BJJ, not MMA, a lot of guys will tell you Ricardo Liborio was the best ever. With a gi especially.

If you are just talking about pure BJJ, not MMA, a lot of guys will tell you Ricardo Liborio was the best ever. With a gi especially.

This... and Cristiano is definitely legit, thanks to the guy who posted the vid of him and krazy horse, I'd never seen that before, very cool.

cool that Vinny posted in here too, G'luck on your future fight's man.

Back