International Crisis Expanding as Massive Locust Swarm Ravages Africa

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Pestilence in China, locust swarm in Africa. Hide your children and your wives, for the end is nigh!

The UN has called for international help to fight huge swarms of desert locusts sweeping through east Africa. A spokesman for the UN's Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO), called for aid to "avert any threats to food security, livelihoods, malnutrition".

Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia are all struggling with "unprecedented" and "devastating" swarms of the food-devouring insects, the FAO has said. The agency fears locust numbers could grow 500 times by June.

Ethiopia and Somalia have not faced an infestation on this scale for 25 years, while Kenya has not seen a locust threat this size for 70 years, the FAO said earlier this week. South Sudan and Uganda are also at risk if the swarms continue to grow and spread.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51234135

8.jpg

Australia and the Amazon on fire .....

In before it rains red somewhere.

Can't they just eat the locust?

well damn

Djibouti actually is pretty decent this time of year (no joke)

I'm not even sure this will make lawless Somalia worse though haha

How many plagues are we up to now?

Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg

That's some biblical level shit

I don’t think so, never really watched it the guy creeped me out more than the food tbh

Andrew Zimmern creeped you out? Dude looks harmless. The show was great though he was right in Aleppo before it got destroyed, made some great episodes in Africa too. He’s one of those guys that wants society to eat bugs to save the planet so I can see it haha

They'll end up getting MERS and then everyone will bitch about that.

BTW Global warming is not real.

To be fair, locust swarms like this arent a new thing. They've happened before, and theyll happen again.

I don't believe in God but if I did, no doubt I would believe it hates Africa and loves the north of the equator

well damn

Djibouti actually is pretty decent this time of year (no joke)

I'm not even sure this will make lawless Somalia worse though haha

Somalian authorities are probably urging their populace to not be bothered by the locusts because there are gays to swat at.

If it be the end time so be it. About time I say.

Back