Cris Cyborg vs. Yana Kunitskaya Targeted For UFC 222 w/ Edgar vs. Ortega as Co-Main

Weird. Cyborg has problems with the weight cut already and usually can't get a quick turnaround between fights because of it.

They should have her fight Megan Anderson or Nunes; having her destroy this BW is just pointless

So apparently no champs want to defend against LEGIT contenders

Cyborg looking for an opponent.
giphy.gif

What's Megan Anderson doing? Is she still tip toeing around hoping nobody notices she has a 145lb belt and is no longer "injured"?

She made a comment that there will be news "soon" back on the 25th of January. Waiting. Perhaps she will be the one to fight Leah Letson instead.

I guess we will just have to wait, yet longer, to see what actually happens.

Yay!!

Just kidding. Wtf is this shit?

Is Edgar vs Ortega an interim?The fuck man,they should have that fight headlining a FOX or something so it can be 5 rounds.

cyborg wont fight nunes because shes not a 145er she wants to the division to grow.
Gts offered squash fight with 135er, nvm were good, ill take the fight.

hate this bitch.

If she wants a real 145lber why is she asking for GDR? GDR made it perfectly clear she doesn't want to fight Cyborg and she has already moved back to 135lbs after her 1 FW fight.

If she is forced to pick anyone who has the guts to fight her then fight Amanda. UFC wants it, Amanda wants it, fans want it, it is by far the highest profile fight she could possibly get at the moment.

Anderson makes the most sense but she's already ducked Cyborg once and I don't blame Cyborg for being wary of committing to that fight again just to see Anderson duck her again.

cyborg wont fight nunes because shes not a 145er she wants to the division to grow.
Gts offered squash fight with 135er, nvm were good, ill take the fight.

hate this bitch.

Yana fought a long time at FW and the CSAC actually recommended that she moved back up to FW for health reasons. She's not a natural 135er. She usually comes in around 153-155 at BW when the door closes.

Yana fought a long time at FW and the CSAC actually recommended that she moved back up to FW for health reasons. She's not a natural 135er. She usually comes in around 153-155 at BW when the door closes.

i just looked at her record. i dont care how you paint the picture this chick has done just about nothing since 2016. if cyborg can claim nunes shouldnt get a shot at her title, then this chick shouldnt be having a sniff either.

wmma is a joke.

Cyborg looking for an opponent.
giphy.gif

What's Megan Anderson doing? Is she still tip toeing around hoping nobody notices she has a 145lb belt and is no longer "injured"?

Stop whiteknighting. Amanda was down to fight, but Cris claimed she turned it down because she didn't want to fight another 135er, yet for some reason has no problem fighting a 135er when they're unranked and pose absolutely zero threat.

Cybro has zero interest in an actual challenge.

Oh yeah. Well that totally justifies this garbage matchup...

i just looked at her record. i dont care how you paint the picture this chick has done just about nothing since 2016. if cyborg can claim nunes shouldnt get a shot at her title, then this chick shouldnt be having a sniff either.

wmma is a joke.

We currently have a sitting WW champion negotiating to fight a guy who hasn't been active in almost 2 years and isnt ranked at WW.

UFC is a joke

whats up wit Nunes? if Cyborg is really ducking her wouldnt she be all over social media talking about it?

Nunes was already unpopular and stepping to Cyborg just made her even less popular with her primarily Brazilian fan base. Now she's ducked out I think she's just hoping to walk away from this fiasco as quickly and quietly as possible.

If she wants a real 145lber why is she asking for GDR? GDR made it perfectly clear she doesn't want to fight Cyborg and she has already moved back to 135lbs after her 1 FW fight.

If she is forced to pick anyone who has the guts to fight her then fight Amanda. UFC wants it, Amanda wants it, fans want it, it is by far the highest profile fight she could possibly get at the moment.

GDR was the 145 champ at the time of Cyborg's callout and literally abandoned the belt to avoid her. Nunes just ducked out let's not pretend that it was anything other than that. As a Cyborg fan I'm still hoping to see this superfight.

I like Megan but you can't claim Cyborg is ducking her when she's the one who dropped out of a fight with Cyborg
<TheWire1>
Ummm mm never said Megan ..... said Cyborg ducking Amanda Nunez which she is.

Stop whiteknighting. Amanda was down to fight, but Cris claimed she turned it down because she didn't want to fight another 135er, yet for some reason has no problem fighting a 135er when they're unranked and pose absolutely zero threat.

Cybro has zero interest in an actual challenge.

White knighting?

If the UFC can't cajole actual 145ers to fight her, what's she supposed to do?
Steamroll Nunes and de-legitimize the BW belt just cuz?

I get why Nunes wants the fight. Hell, if she could pull it off it would be huge, but it's not like Nunes is super active or a super dominant champ. This fight would be better served after Cyborg and Nunes defend a few more times.

None of it really matters though, Cyborg will get shit on regardless, as is tradition (Cybro, Cyroid etc...) meanwhile we're all getting hyped to watch what Romero can do fresh off suspension.

Back