Cris Cyborg loses a sponsorship for punching Angela Magana.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Cris Cybog was cited for misdemeanor battery after an incident at the UFC Athlete Retreat.

Cris Cyborg is down a sponsor after a messy incident with a fellow UFC fighter last month, one she says has yet to pay her for an appearance.

GRRRL, a women’s athletic clothing brand, has cancelled its sponsorship with Cyborg after Cyborg punched Angela Magana during the UFC Athlete Retreat, the company announced on its website.

“Unfortunately, within a matter of hours of appearing and speaking at our event, Cris was involved in “battery” of another fighter on the street outside a UFC retreat,” the statement read. “Cris’s conduct in this regard has broadly been condemned by the fight industry and the organization by whom she is contracted as a fighter.

“As a company with representation and brand ambassadors amongst girls as young as 6, we cannot publically [sic] condone this behaviour especially as the behaviour is directly in conflict with the messages Cris shared at the event, one of our speakers on cyber bullying and our company message to promote female harmony and unity.”

The GRRRL statement read that it had signed up Cyborg for a 12-month deal, but could not continue on with it after the physical altercation.

“This conduct has the potential to diminish the tireless work by our amazing network of women throughout the world to support female harmony and unity,” the statement read. “As a consequence of these matters, it is with regret that our sponsorship of Cris has come to an end.”

Cyborg wrote Thursday on social media that she did an appearance for GRRRL that weekend and has yet to be paid. She insinuated that the company is using the punching incident as an excuse not to pay her. Cyborg said she was supposed to receive $7,500 and GRRRL sold tickets to her speaking engagement.

Now it looks like Lieborg is trying to smear the company.

It's so awkward reading her tweets when you know its the broken-dick boyfriend thats writing them, and that Cyborg can't even put together a single English written sentence.

$7500 to hear Cyborg speak.

images

good she set a bad example for her fans and this sport. there are laws against hitting people. idc how much of a jerk magana was being. cyborg had a childish reaction and suck punched her

“Cris’s conduct in this regard has broadly been condemned by the fight industry..."

lol nice fake news. It was celebrated by pretty much every fighter and fan against the bullying of cancer kids :D

altercation

You put "altercation" in the post title, and in your commentary, which makes the whole thing sound like a mere noisy and angry argument. Punching somebody is more than that. As the company said, it was "battery". And if Cyborg had a contract to do public relations for the company, then the contract most likely included a bad conduct clause that could be used to break the contract if Cyborg conducted herself in any way that could be reasonably deemed to bring bad PR to the company. And I'm pretty sure battery would qualify as sufficiently bad conduct.

Magana is insufferable. I think she's trying to play the heel but it's annoying either way. Not sad she got punched and I hope Cris isn't severely punished. Also, her claiming that she has "brain swelling" as a result of that blow is fucking comical.

“Cris’s conduct in this regard has broadly been condemned by the fight industry..."

lol nice fake news. It was celebrated by pretty much every fighter and fan against the bullying of cancer kids :D

Fighters are not a significant customer demographic for the company. And to imply that there was any bullying of cancer kids is extremely fake news.

Now imagine if Magana gets that sponsorship...

Nnnnnnnope.
Fraud steroid cheat fake fem.

Good, she deserves all that she gets. I am not a fan of Magana, but if you can't control yourself like most other fighters can, you deserve whatever comes at her.

Fan of Cyborg. But it is time to move on from the UFC. Looks like a title shot isn't coming.

You put "altercation" in the post title, and in your commentary, which makes the whole thing sound like a mere noisy and angry argument. Punching somebody is more than that. As the company said, it was "battery". And if Cyborg had a contract to do public relations for the company, then the contract most likely included a bad conduct clause that could be used to break the contract if Cyborg conducted herself in any way that could be reasonably deemed to bring bad PR to the company. And I'm pretty sure battery would qualify as sufficiently bad conduct.

With all due respect man but what's the difference? They DID had an angry argument at first that then turned physical.

her public appearance fee is 7500?

that's like 7497 bucks too much if you ask me.

Back