Cris Cyborg coach Jason Parillo pinpoints when Amanda Nunes fight was lost, ponders next move

Not the first Brazilian to go crazy over some "disrespect" and go berserk forgetting all tactics..

Aldo was another vs McGregor

Werdum vs Stipe

And Wand on multiple occasions
Vinny vs the Hippo

She went in way too confident and fought stupid, hope they get a rematch and she comes in with her head on straight.

She came in with no respect for Nunes, throwing wild punches and exposing her self against a girl who already had knockout power at a lower weight class. She deserved to get knocked out.

Not the first Brazilian to go crazy over some "disrespect" and go berserk forgetting all tactics..

Aldo was another vs McGregor

Werdum vs Stipe

And Wand on multiple occasions
Bethe Correia

She went in way too confident and fought stupid, hope they get a rematch and she comes in with her head on straight.
I actually think she came in apprehensive and when she got hit hard, it confirmed her fears and she went into kill or be killed mode

Really though Cyborg was never close to Wanderlei as a striker, the latter could be wild against hurt opponents or when he was desperate but he could bide his time and land accurate punches that could turn the fight. At best I think you could say Cyborg was more like latter day Diego Samchez but without the chin.
cyborg is wanderlei. fact

Just like every other fighter who finally loses after being dominant.

She is 1-1 vs any top 10 in the last decade. She's had holes in her game for a long time that she covered up by fighting smaller or inexperienced women.

I never noticed how devastating Nunes leg kicks were until she had Pennington gimped up early in the 2nd round. I knew she could use them to great advantage against cyborg. Never thought Cyborg would freak the fuck out after the first landed tho. Saw it being more of an Aldo/Faber leg butchering. As you said, cyborg is very lead leg heavy. Would have been very difficult to adapt mid-fight to those kicks.

Remember how she destroyed Shayna Bazler with kicks too? She had that lame broad wincing in pain. I think she might have also tapped due to leg kicks if iirc.

She is 1-1 vs any top 10 in the last decade. She's had holes in her game for a long time that she covered up by fighting smaller or inexperienced women.

Can you think of any dominant fighter who eventually lost without eliciting comments like these?

Can you think of any dominant fighter who eventually lost without eliciting comments like these?

I can't think of another dominant fighter who has such a low level resume.

She came in with no respect for Nunes, throwing wild punches and exposing her self against a girl who already had knockout power at a lower weight class. She deserved to get knocked out.

I'll agree entirely. Could be the case that the venue change did have some effects to her performance.

she had a great fight against Holm,
then she fought like a brawler against the best puncher in mma

if she had fought like this against Holm, she would have found herself in trouble

it was clear that the trash talk played a big role,
and Cyborg got emotional against the wrong opponent

expect a 5 rounds fight for the rematch,
so it will be more who will be smarter in scoring points

I think Cyborg is overrated, but not vastly overrated. She's really good and one of the best ever in WMMA. But yes, her habit of fighting bantamweights and flyweights can make people think she is better than she is.

It’s easy to look good when fighting undersized, outmatched opponents who didn’t even believe they’ll win. Three of her last six opponents fought her because it was their ticket onto the UFC roster.

I would take such comments more seriously if they were made before the dominant fighter finally lost.

A lot of people have said such things about Cyborg for a long time now.

Nunes is just technically a much better fighter. I saw Nunes potential years ago and I knew she would crush Ronda. People are just now seeing how good she is. It wasnt a fluke and she would win the rematch.

hmm how would a rematch go if she would not rage?

Back