Cris Cyborg coach Jason Parillo pinpoints when Amanda Nunes fight was lost, ponders next move

Absolutely LOVE his brutal honesty and he’s 100% right.

Most underrated coach in the game imo.

Its also important to note that Nunes targeting that leg was smart. Cyborg leans heavy on that lead leg and when Nunes kicked it she stumbled. I think that maybe also cyborg did not want her to get into a rhythm of doing that.

I never noticed how devastating Nunes leg kicks were until she had Pennington gimped up early in the 2nd round. I knew she could use them to great advantage against cyborg. Never thought Cyborg would freak the fuck out after the first landed tho. Saw it being more of an Aldo/Faber leg butchering. As you said, cyborg is very lead leg heavy. Would have been very difficult to adapt mid-fight to those kicks.

Last edited:
She fought like idiot brawler and threw her technique and foot work out the window.....I’m hoping the fight again one day because it could very be a gps/serra and jds/Cain situation

They’re not fighting again. Nunes said she wants cyborg to wait two years before getting a rematch lol

Says a lot about Nunes thoughts on lightning striking twice.

I'd say yes. Looking at the sparring footage of Claressa & Cyborg, well, just see for yourself what happens when Claressa tags her good.

claressa is clearly on a different level here as well.

Simple fact is the leg kick/right landed and she got rocked. She went into full berserker mode because she’s a can crusher and never faced someone who could match her power. She didn’t know how to react and it showed. It’s easy to be technical against a stiff wrestler, one dimensional clinch grappler, or predictable pillow fisted boxer.

Simple fact is the leg kick/right landed and she got rocked. She went into full berserker mode because she’s a can crusher and never faced someone who could match her power. She didn’t know how to react and it showed. It’s easy to be technical against a stiff wrestler, one dimensional clinch grappler, or predictable pillow fisted boxer.

So it’s more difficult to be technical against a competent striker? You don’t fucking say?!

she's used to fighting Cans and thats how she fights.

I'm starting to think who trains with Jason becomes stupid, not only Cyborg. The problem is the trainer himself and no one is paying attention.

Last edited:
I like that he says Cris wants a fight before March, ufc needs to get this worked out for Cyborg vs Anderson in Australia a card badly in need of depth.

Cyborg raged and went out face down ass up...

jaytkp.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

<{anton}>

Coach Says I Told Her So

“I saw Cris go out there and beat herself,” Parillo said. “I’ve said it in many interviews before, and it was always my biggest concern – which is her just going for broke, losing the plot and swinging wild. Just going back to old school Cyborg.

“Because I told her that the higher we climb the ladder, we’re not going to be able to get away with this style. We need to think a little bit more and stay behind the jab.”

Memo to Cyborg:

keep-calm-no-violence-keep-your-hands-up.jpg

Uh-huh. Tries to say it might be the fault of all the other folks she's training with, and not him. Keep in mind that Parillo's been working with Bisping for years, and he still couldn't teach him to circle away from Hendo's right hand in the rematch. I don't know about you, but I'd say he could do a bit better at training out the bad habits of the fighters he's coaching.

He's a good offensive coach but his fighters are hittable.

Cyborg is vastly overrated. She is 1-1 vs top 10 fighters in the last 10 years. Imagine how good Platinum Mike Perry would he if he could fight 145ers at 170 his whole career.
I think Cyborg is overrated, but not vastly overrated. She's really good and one of the best ever in WMMA. But yes, her habit of fighting bantamweights and flyweights can make people think she is better than she is.

Not the first Brazilian to go crazy over some "disrespect" and go berserk forgetting all tactics..

Aldo was another vs McGregor

Werdum vs Stipe

And Wand on multiple occasions

“I saw Cris go out there and beat herself,” Parillo told MMAjunkie. “I’ve said it in many interviews before, and it was always my biggest concern – which is her just going for broke, losing the plot and swinging wild. Just going back to old school Cyborg.“

“I’ve thought a lot about what happened over the camp, how our mentality has changed a little bit because our mental game has been going strong for a long time now,” Parillo said. “I’ve been thinking about what I could have changed to keep her more focused and her mind where it needed to be. This is my livelihood so, when you lose, you’ve got to think about this stuff.

“Cris likes to do a lot of different things and train at a lot of different places, and sometimes I might think there are too many chefs in the kitchen. I’m not saying that’s what it is but, when you’re on top, everybody wants to be a part of you.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/ufc-cris-cyborg-coach-reflects-on-loss-amanda-nunes

Nah, Cyborg just got beat by the better fighter that night. This idea that Cyborg beat herself discredits Nunes’ performance.

Cyborg had been hit like never before and she got KO’ed, Nunes beat her, get outta here with that bull honkey

Back