Cris Cyborg coach Jason Parillo pinpoints when Amanda Nunes fight was lost, ponders next move

teddy078

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/ufc-cris-cyborg-coach-reflects-on-loss-amanda-nunes/amp

“I know Cris. I know my fighter and saw the way she reacted to that leg kick when it hit her,” Parillo explained. “Instead of moving out and staying behind her jab, she went for broke off the get-go and got caught doing it.

“It was very much ‘oh no you didn’t,’ and she just started swinging for the fences. Cris went straight disrespect mode, like she can walk down anybody, but she was in there with a skillful fighter who has a really good punch.

“Cris likes to do a lot of different things and train at a lot of different places, and sometimes I might think there are too many chefs in the kitchen. I’m not saying that’s what it is but, when you’re on top, everybody wants to be a part of you.”

Multiple dissonant voices, however complimentary, will dilute a camp’s primary focus.

“You start letting other fighters, sparring partners, managers, and coaches talk to you – everybody and their mother,” Parillo said. “But you’re better at fighting than everyone that’s talking to you, yet you’re listening to them.

She went full tard into Wandy berserker mode, only she was whiffing at nothing but air and running straight into counter after counter.

She went full tard into Wandy berserker mode, only she was whiffing at nothing but air and running straight into counter after counter.

Really though Cyborg was never close to Wanderlei as a striker, the latter could be wild against hurt opponents or when he was desperate but he could bide his time and land accurate punches that could turn the fight. At best I think you could say Cyborg was more like latter day Diego Samchez but without the chin.

Last edited:
Uh-huh. Tries to say it might be the fault of all the other folks she's training with, and not him. Keep in mind that Parillo's been working with Bisping for years, and he still couldn't teach him to circle away from Hendo's right hand in the rematch. I don't know about you, but I'd say he could do a bit better at training out the bad habits of the fighters he's coaching.

Kinda reminded me on Werdum charging at Stipe only to get slept on the fence...

She went in wanting to bang against a faster opponent. Nunes simply beat her to the punch..

she thought she was in toughman finals against butterbean

Cyborg is just older fighter at this point. Yes Zingano done great vs Nunes, but she won't win vs Amanda right now.
Cyborg is physically depleted and USADA + hard weight cuts = it's not great combo, especially when you're older fighter.Not dissing Cyborg (steroid cheat blbabla), but fact is without USADA it was easier to manage weight cuts. She was looking drained, and she won't look better in next fights.

Its also important to note that Nunes targeting that leg was smart. Cyborg leans heavy on that lead leg and when Nunes kicked it she stumbled. I think that maybe also cyborg did not want her to get into a rhythm of doing that.

She went in wanting to bang against a faster opponent. Nunes simply beat her to the punch..
her distance control is amazing. She kept cyborg at the end of her punches. Hitting and being far enough not to get hit back.

Cyborg raged and went out face down ass up...

jaytkp.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

I said that repeatedly after the fight, the leg kick into the 1-2 enraged Cyborg and made her swing wild haymakers. She tried to get one back after getting tagged, something you might do in sparring, and that habit cost her the fight.

Cyborg is vastly overrated. She is 1-1 vs top 10 fighters in the last 10 years. Imagine how good Platinum Mike Perry would he if he could fight 145ers at 170 his whole career.

I said that repeatedly after the fight, the leg kick into the 1-2 enraged Cyborg and made her swing wild haymakers. She tried to get one back after getting tagged, something you might do in sparring, and that habit cost her the fight.
That kick 1 2 was also just fuckin hatred. That was like "fuck you bitch you ain't SHIT"

Cybrorg ain't been disrespected like that since jorina baars

parillo is the right coach for cyborg. as long as she keeps working her wrestling and bjj with other high level coaches. parillo was able to adjust bisping's style and that led to him getting a belt around his waist. he said it best, cyborg didn't respect nunes and at that level, you can't do that.

I don't think he needs to pinpoint the moment for anyone.

As soon as that kick landed everyone knew bombs were about to start flying lol.

She fought like idiot brawler and threw her technique and foot work out the window.....I’m hoping the fight again one day because it could very be a gps/serra and jds/Cain situation

That kick 1 2 was also just fuckin hatred. That was like "fuck you bitch you ain't SHIT"

Cybrorg ain't been disrespected like that since jorina baars
You guys seen my fight with yorinabaars, that shit was crazy.

I don't think he needs to pinpoint the moment for anyone.

As soon as that kick landed everyone knew bombs were about to start flying lol.
The gauntlet was thrown Down. Nunes was like you gonna bark all day little doggie?

She broke her with a leg kick? geez, WMMA GOAT

Back