News Cris Cyborg (0-0) vs Simone Silva (17-22)

andreao

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Cris Cyborg is making the big move to boxing. Cyborg has hopes of fighting the biggest in the female boxing world, names like Amanda Serrano and Katie Taylor. She brings a record of (26-2) MMA into the ring but has yet to win a professional boxing match. She's facing a well-known opponent, Simone Silva. Silva has had title fights but now at 39 has tapered off. She's not in the best form. Cyborg on the other hand is in great shape right now at 37.

Anyone predicting a winner here is expecting Cris Cyborg to pull off the win. Should be interesting seeing Cyborg with boxing gloves on.

The fight is set to take place in Brazil on September 25th check out CrisCyborg.com for more information.
She has her sights set on Katie Taylor, but she has to get past someone first. Cyborg vs Silva is a must-win for Cyborg and she should make a statement. She's done it all in MMA and as a striker. She doesn't want to waste time in boxing because she can do more great fights in MMA. So Cyborg is expected to win and if so, look for more high-profile fights.

That's the news,

The Katie fight would be the biggest payday of her career so understandable she wants to get into boxing. I guess this is a good first fight for her. But I don't really see her having much of a career in boxing after the Katie match.

Is she gonna spam hooks and pressure for a TKO? Probably.

There should be a stream available for this fight as there’s a good chance it’s aired on Combate in Brazil. This is happening on the second Fight Music Show. These Fight Music Shows get a lot of coverage in Brazil as they are hybrid combat sports and entertainment shows with celebrity boxing matches and pro MMA fights.

This one has Popó Frietas (yes, that Popó Freitas) vs. José Pelé (yes, that Pelé, the vale tudo fighter) in an exhibition boxing match and some other boxing exhibitions with former PRIDE and UFC fighters.

Cyborg won by unanimous decision.

The graphics had this as a 10 round fight and when it reached the 8th round, they changed it to an 8 round fight.

The graphics had this as a 10 round fight and when it reached the 8th round, they changed it to an 8 round fight.

Chris looked exhausted by the 7th round, so the promotion wanted to protect their investment.

There were sanctioning issues for the fight, with Silva still serving a 60-day medical suspension after getting knocked out in Texas last August.

According to a report from MMA Fighting, the OBBoxe commission refused to oversee the contest due to Silva’s suspension, and Associação Paranaense de Lutas was called to oversee that match only. So despite the match pushing through and Cyborg getting a win, it’s unclear if it’ll count as a pro bout or just an exhibition.

There were sanctioning issues for the fight, with Silva still serving a 60-day medical suspension after getting knocked out in Texas last August.

According to a report from MMA Fighting, the OBBoxe commission refused to oversee the contest due to Silva’s suspension, and Associação Paranaense de Lutas was called to oversee that match only. So despite the match pushing through and Cyborg getting a win, it’s unclear if it’ll count as a pro bout or just an exhibition.
Anybody know whether she intends on serious boxing or just fights she can be confident of winning?
I wouldn't blame her if the latter given her age and just starting in the sport.

This happened in Australian when Sonny Bill Williams fought Francois Botha. Williams was tiring too and was the hometown boy and got the decision (nothing to see here of course)

Anybody know whether she intends on serious boxing or just fights she can be confident of winning?
I wouldn't blame her if the latter given her age and just starting in the sport.
Hearn has talked her up as a potential opponent for Katie. Maybe she won’t make an entire career out of it, but she could get a big money fight at least.

Last edited:
Keep her far away from Katie Taylor for her own sake. She'd be nothing but a big Amazonian punching bag for the Irish lass.

Keep her far away from Katie Taylor for her own sake. She'd be nothing but a big Amazonian punching bag for the Irish lass.

She would but cyborg was eating knees and kicks to the face from jorina Baars for way less money. It's a joke of a fight and I have no idea how she got in that position but she'd be getting payed and Katie isn't that hard of a puncher. I can see why she is going for it.

Back