Credit to Colby Covington

It's truly an amazing thing to watch Colby fanbois grappling with depression and anxiety today.
I was pulling for colby and had my money on him for this fight, but I don't know how anyone can be a hater still after that fight, he fought like a legend.

anyone that doesn't give him credit in that fight is a moron. those 2 could fight 10 times and each time could be a different winner. neck and neck the whole fight

Haha its hilarious how f*cking bias and braindead alot of you Colby fanbois are. Colby started fading in the 3rd round, and Usman didnt even use his greatest strength, wrestling.

Think about this while you cry tonight.....Usman kept it standing ON PURPOSE to teach Cannington a lesson.

#MAGAJAW

Nobody has to respect him. You can respect him but you're in no way shape or form obliged to do so.

Double yellow for the double idiot. Makes sense. Log off.

Nah just biased mods who give you yellows for saying Conor hits old men, but then letting people fighter bash Jon Jones all day with no dubs Shertards will shertard, nothing new.

Can I get you some Kleenex for Christmas?

Respect for the toughness and competitiveness in a hard fight.

But I still can’t stand anybody that puts on a fake persona especially one as obnoxious as he does.
When one does pick a personna...there's a whole lot more to choose from than being a MAGAt. Glad Usman shut him up.

I expected Usman to whoop Colby by being a better version. However Colby dug deep and made it a dog fight. Was cringing every punch to that dude's Jaw. Dgaf about the prefight talk/antics. Colby earned my respect and gave Usman his toughest fight. However Usman showed a Yoel level of durability.

With Adesanya/Gastelum and Colby/Usman this year, 2019 has been amazing for fight fans.

The fight went down as a lot of us expected, Usman's power and volume was too much for Colby and his broken jaw, and TWO KNOCKDOWNS was the proof.
That's what you saw? I don't think Usman out volumed him at all, I thought colby was comfortably winning that fight.

That's what you saw? I don't think Usman out volumed him at all, I thought colby was comfortably winning that fight.

I didn’t mean out volume, I said volume. No other fighter has landed as many punches on Colby as Usman did last night. I thought Usman’s power and volume would take a toll on Colby and it did.

If colby was allowed to be himself he would have been cut from the ufc you goof

Bullshit. he would go 8-1 in the UFC with the win over maia. He would have got signed regardless.

the whole " we dont like your style, we may not sign you " is standard tactics leading up to renegotiating, trying to gain the upper hand so they can get you signed on the cheap.

Nah just biased mods who give you yellows for saying Conor hits old men, but then letting people fighter bash Jon Jones all day with no dubs Shertards will shertard, nothing new.

Can I get you some Kleenex for Christmas?
You can get a job. You bum.

Bullshit. he would go 8-1 in the UFC with the win over maia. He would have got signed regardless.

the whole " we dont like your style, we may not sign you " is standard tactics leading up to renegotiating, trying to gain the upper hand so they can get you signed on the cheap.

Like what happened with Jake Shields and Okami right

I surprise myself in that I was actually beginning to root for Covington in that fight.

Although I don't like Colby's mouth or attitude, you have to take your hat off to his fighting spirit. The dude came to fight.

Moreover, I am not sure what their actual weights were, but Usman was the clearly bigger man.

Although both faked an injury, Colby's was in retaliation to Usman's fake low blow. If you watch the replay, Covington was really starting to bring it to Usman, and Usman faked the low below to bide him some time to clear his head. That tactic, while smart, from Usman's point of view, still was a form of cheating. Colby responded by doing the same thing with an eye poke.

Still, there was a potentially fight-ending momentum going on in Colby's favor, when Usman faked is nut shot injury. The fight may have turned out much differently had there been no referee intervention and time allotted to Usman to clear his head.

Regardless, Usman is the one who ultimately pulled ahead, broke Colby's jaw, and who knocked him down twice in the final stanza. Regardless of how much I disliked Colby Covington's attitude, he was willing to back up his big mouth, until the bitter end, and went out there still trying to kick ass for two more rounds after receiving a broken job. He was not fighting "defensively," Colby was still trying to win.

Hats off to both of these fighters, they both came absolutely committed to winning.

Usman performed exactly as he said he would, 4.5 rounds of abuse, finishing him in the last minute, so his vision became a reality.

Even though he did not win, Colby never stopped trying to win, despite being busted up pretty bad by a bigger stronger man. And now, even with this mouth wired shut, he is still running his mouth on Twitter. <Lmaoo>

He may be hard to like, but you have to respect Colby Covington's verve.

That low blow was legit...

So was were other fouls...excite colbys i just got my jaw broken from a punch eye poke..

Colby got what he deserved...the world is balanced again

It wasnt an early stoppage..more like a mercy stoppage

What the hell is it with these lets give colby credit threads today?

Haha its hilarious how f*cking bias and braindead alot of you Colby fanbois are. Colby started fading in the 3rd round, and Usman didnt even use his greatest strength, wrestling.

Think about this while you cry tonight.....Usman kept it standing ON PURPOSE to teach Cannington a lesson.

#MAGAJAW
yeah, we need more fake fans like you.

Even more amazing to watch idiots write who lack reading comprehension.

I went into that fight despising Colby, but his game fighting spirit made me a fan, even though I can't stand his persona.

Colby is definitely a tough motherfucker. He did impress me last night. That said, I still can’t call myself a fan. He doesn’t offend me, I just find him either boring or somewhat annoying most of the time. His comments on social media about his loss haven’t helped either.

Great fight by Usman but there was no quit in Colby. Well until after the fight when he ran out of the Octagon I guess.

He is definitely tough as nails and last night was impressive, but overall he is generally a boring wrestleboxer. There is a reason he had to take on his persona.

And I'm not a fan of egregious shit talking. Even without the whole MAGA thing it would annoy me. Someone else here mentioned it and I found it to be true, he's like a new and even worse version of Josh Koscheck and that dude was a real POS.

Back