Creating MMA shirts -- Your ideas?

CHawkins said:
I don't know, bro. I know you young cats dig that tribal stuff, but...I don't know.

Post it up when you get it though, I just might be surprised.

*sitting in rocking chair, waving cane in the air*

Young whippersnappers!

Yes, Sir!

CHawkins said:
I am not one of the young bucks here on Sherdog, so my opinion may be in the minority. I'll probably sound like Old Man River, but I'm going to say this anyway: apparel featuring tribals, tattoo & old english lettering, guns, bombs, dogs, badass sayings like "tap or snap", and other tough-guy images are fine for young kids. But what about the more mature trainers who want to celebrate their sport and their discipline without the tough-guy posturing?

I'm 32. I own a business. I own a home and make a good living. I socialize with other people who owns businesses. I'm talking about professionals, people who are prominent in the community. Am I supposed to have these people over for a BBQ in the summertime, wearing a shirt with "tap or snap" in tattoo lettering, featuring a bulldog with a tribal tatoo, driving a tank? It's ridiculous.

There is a serious lack of mature mma gear. In my opinion, NOGI and HCK are the ONLY ones who are suitable for wear when a person is past the age of 25 and/or has a real job. Aside from those two, there's not much out there aimed at mature purchasers with mature incomes.

It is for this reason that I'm doing some tests with some designs of my own. I know that SSF Gear is looking at doing a more mature line of apparel, too. By all means, anyone who reads this who runs an apparel line, please look into doing the same.

I know plenty of other guys who own businesses, make 80K, 100K, 120K a year who are also avid trainers in BJJ, MT, boxing, wrestling, etc., but wouldn't be caught dead wearing this macho-man bullshit that passes as mma apparel. Guys like me are dying to give someone money to support the sport and celebrate the arts we train in. But so far, very few are stepping up to provide the kind of product that guys like me would want to wear.

I just might end up doing it myself.

OK, Old Man River is signing off now. I have to go take my Metamucil and shout at kids to get off my lawn.

CHawkins,

I think that was well said and that's actually the result I thought I might hear with this thread. But I'm glad I asked because I see that others really like the more "intense" stuff. So maybe I'll have to come out with a line breaking it down into a few categories like age, training time, testosterone levels, metamucil levels, ect :D Just joking.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, keep them coming, they are really helpful. My goal is to have some humorous shirts and some very dignified, professional, promote the SPORT of Mixed Martial Arts shirts with designs that have cross-over appeal.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

I'm with CHawkins.

Girls just don't seem to be impressed by all the toughman posturing. I mean, I'm huge, I have a deep voice, I'm assertive, and I train in a violent sport...I have a hard enough time convincing women there's nothing to be alarmed about in me: that I'm not out at the bars looking for a fight. It's like, "No, no, I'm here for PUSSY. I noticed you have some, m'Lady. How you doin'?"

So that's my take. I want some MMA Pimp Gear. Something the ladies can appreciate.

Back