Creating MMA shirts -- Your ideas?

w00t, got to move 998 more, come on people they make great XMas presents!

Fat, Tubby, Big Boned, and Whoops I just ate a midget sized!

ace98 said:
Maybe some shirts that incorprate some mma terms like "sprawlin' n brawlin' ", "ground n pound" , "tap or snap". Or maybe some that incorprate the various types of popular disciplines like jiu-jitsu, muay thai, and vale tudo.

Also fighter t-shirts are really popular (I'm sure if someone made a GSP tee it would sell like hotcakes.). You could make up tees for the fighters you sponsor, like No Gi does.
good ideas

I'd like to see more jersey style shirts made of synthetic materials cause I feel like jersey style synthetic shirts look better, hold up better, dry quicker, and are more comfortable.

Thanks for a lot of good input guys with images, ideas, and things you would want in a MMA shirt.

Phenom-- Thanks for posting the tribal images, I think they are great looking.

Phenomfan-- We'll definitely be putting out some MMA t's that incorporate our very special language :)

Desertbake-- definitely like the idea of a good quality jersey in the mix. I'll have to do some research on where to get some high quality jersey's. Anybody have any links?

Thanks for the information and hope to hear more about what you want in a MMA t.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

P.S. Just in case you didn't know, there are some big sales going on at Nogi.com and Hitman.com (like 25% off!), plus Casca-Grossa.com just got in some new Chute Boxe stuff. Check it out and still support Sprawl :)

JeremiahBailey said:
I guess all those years in prison did a number on you.
:icon_twis

Who told you!!! :redface:

JeremiahBailey said:
I guess all those years in prison did a number on you.

lmao! Wow this is great. Nice one Jeremiah :D

b0b said:
Tribal is too 90's, along with barbed wire.
I wonder if anyone who's a member of a tribe of any sort out there gets really pissed off when white people refer to an ornate tattoo design as a tribal.

Wow people like tribal tattoos.. And I thought sherdog was full of men.. :p

do this

TapouT
....or....
BlackouT

no periods, it wouldn't let me do it the other was
or just put a nice big PRIDE fist if ur allowed to...

I am not one of the young bucks here on Sherdog, so my opinion may be in the minority. I'll probably sound like Old Man River, but I'm going to say this anyway: apparel featuring tribals, tattoo & old english lettering, guns, bombs, dogs, badass sayings like "tap or snap", and other tough-guy images are fine for young kids. But what about the more mature trainers who want to celebrate their sport and their discipline without the tough-guy posturing?

I'm 32. I own a business. I own a home and make a good living. I socialize with other people who owns businesses. I'm talking about professionals, people who are prominent in the community. Am I supposed to have these people over for a BBQ in the summertime, wearing a shirt with "tap or snap" in tattoo lettering, featuring a bulldog with a tribal tatoo, driving a tank? It's ridiculous.

There is a serious lack of mature mma gear. In my opinion, NOGI and HCK are the ONLY ones who are suitable for wear when a person is past the age of 25 and/or has a real job. Aside from those two, there's not much out there aimed at mature purchasers with mature incomes.

It is for this reason that I'm doing some tests with some designs of my own. I know that SSF Gear is looking at doing a more mature line of apparel, too. By all means, anyone who reads this who runs an apparel line, please look into doing the same.

I know plenty of other guys who own businesses, make 80K, 100K, 120K a year who are also avid trainers in BJJ, MT, boxing, wrestling, etc., but wouldn't be caught dead wearing this macho-man bullshit that passes as mma apparel. Guys like me are dying to give someone money to support the sport and celebrate the arts we train in. But so far, very few are stepping up to provide the kind of product that guys like me would want to wear.

I just might end up doing it myself.

OK, Old Man River is signing off now. I have to go take my Metamucil and shout at kids to get off my lawn.

CHawkins said:
I am not one of the young bucks here on Sherdog, so my opinion may be in the minority. I'll probably sound like Old Man River, but I'm going to say this anyway: apparel featuring tribals, tattoo & old english lettering, guns, bombs, dogs, badass sayings like "tap or snap", and other tough-guy images are fine for young kids. But what about the more mature trainers who want to celebrate their sport and their discipline without the tough-guy posturing?

I'm 32. I own a business. I own a home and make a good living. I socialize with other people who owns businesses. I'm talking about professionals, people who are prominent in the community. Am I supposed to have these people over for a BBQ in the summertime, wearing a shirt with "tap or snap" in tattoo lettering, featuring a bulldog with a tribal tatoo, driving a tank? It's ridiculous.

There is a serious lack of mature mma gear. In my opinion, NOGI and HCK are the ONLY ones who are suitable for wear when a person is past the age of 25 and/or has a real job. Aside from those two, there's not much out there aimed at mature purchasers with mature incomes.

It is for this reason that I'm doing some tests with some designs of my own. I know that SSF Gear is looking at doing a more mature line of apparel, too. By all means, anyone who reads this who runs an apparel line, please look into doing the same.

I know plenty of other guys who own businesses, make 80K, 100K, 120K a year who are also avid trainers in BJJ, MT, boxing, wrestling, etc., but wouldn't be caught dead wearing this macho-man bullshit that passes as mma apparel. Guys like me are dying to give someone money to support the sport and celebrate the arts we train in. But so far, very few are stepping up to provide the kind of product that guys like me would want to wear.

OK, Old Man River is signing off now. I have to go take my Metamucil and shout at kids to get off my lawn.

Like I said the Tribal would be between the shoulder blades on the back and be pretty small. The front would have a custom logo made by Warrior so that would be his decision as to what he should use brash or not and then the NHB on one sleeve does not scream 'I am a tough guy" IMO. So I think you might like my shirt, if warrior makes a nice logo.

CHawkins said:

Amen. Tasteful and stylish is what I would pay for.

Back