Creatine Users

Big Red

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just finished loading phase of 4 x 5gms a day. I'm now on maintenance where I only need to take 1 x 5gms a day. On my supplement box it suggest to take a break after 8 weeks of consistent use to allow a gap of at least 4 days.

My question is, do you need to reload (go back to 4 x 5gms for 5 days) or can you just take the maintenance amount of 1 x 5gms a day after the break.

Big Red said:
Just finished loading phase of 4 x 5gms a day. I'm now on maintenance where I only need to take 1 x 5gms a day. On my supplement box it suggest to take a break after 8 weeks of consistent use to allow a gap of at least 4 days.

My question is, do you need to reload (go back to 4 x 5gms for 5 days) or can you just take the maintenance amount of 1 x 5gms a day after the break.

Most people consider a loading phase a waste. Just take 3 - 5g a day.

If you're taking more than 2-5g per day, you've been made a tool.

Get pissed about that. I am.

I have to agree with Madmick. I bought into that whole loading thing the first time i tried creatine. My results were no better than any other time.

Madmick said:
If you're taking more than 2-5g per day, you've been made a tool.

Get pissed about that. I am.

i take 7-10g a day. nothing wrong with that, but the 20g a day things is crap.

The loading phase is a waste of money, I'm with Madmick on this one, don't bother

Drink some cranberry juice to help flush some of the excessively stored creatine out of your kidneys.

thanks for that guys. My mates bro who lifts said loading was BS too. It is done now so it doesn't matter I suppose. I'm too much of a square to not follow the guidelines.

2-5g per day for what size? I didn't get any results from creatine until I upped it to 10g per day

So after 8 weeks, you take 4 days off and start again. Is that a whole cycle or do you need longer times off aswell? sorry to thread jack. was just curious

Woob said:
So after 8 weeks, you take 4 days off and start again. Is that a whole cycle or do you need longer times off aswell? sorry to thread jack. was just curious
Thats the cycle I've seen recommended most places.

Anything over 10g's a day is a waste. Taking 10g's at once IMO is a waste.

Do 5g's 1hr before working out and 5g's immediatly post workout.

will 5grams differ among companies? or is 5grams just straight up 5 grams.
-Jon

i personally didn't think Creatine made a difference in my workout. i dont use the stuff and still got the same results with just dieting properly.

If you were taking <=5g try upping your daily intake. I was a creatine non-believer for over a year before I finally realized I was doing it wrong because I simply followed the directions... don't go insane and overdose with 50g a day servings though.

Back