Creatine past expiry date

bunga

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys.
This morning I bought some 15 creatine+ one month tubs. Link:
Bio-Synergy Creatine Plus 1 Month Supply 125 Capsules x 800mg: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

They were extremely cheap - 1/20 of normal price because they expire in a month. Now the question is - will they still be effective in say 5 months time after expiry date? consider that those are capsules, not powder and they are all properly airtight, sealed and packaged. Can creatine expire?

Don't you think you should have asked before you bought?

well, I knew it is about to expire. Just could not resist the price - 1 months supply of creatine for

Thats all they had at the time. Will go to check out tomorrow.

Expiry dates exist primarily to protect you from food poisoning. However, growth of bacteria and molds needs complex blends of nutrients. I doubt anything could grow on creatine alone. Worst case scenario is that the creatine has lost its activity, but I doubt that's a problem unless it's stored incorrectly.

How old does a supp have to be to expire??? I don't think I've ever seen that before. If they were made in the early 90's stay away

I wouldn't worry as long as you don't open all of the tubs at once. Sealed properly they should be just fine. I don't think there's any degradation of creatine either. Bottled water, dehydrated beans and canned soups have epiry dates too.

Back