creatine & high blood pressure?

barnes

White Belt
Reaction score
So I was getting my blood work results at the doctors office and he told me that my blood pressure had gone up since my last blood draw which was 6 months prior. Then he asked me if I had been taking any supplements and i told him the two of which i had just started on megawhey and creatine monohydrate. After working out for the past 2 years regularly and seeing better improvement after taking whey and creatine for just 2 months with my workout, it kind of pisses me off that i might have to stop taking this.. Anyone have any similar problems with your supplements?

I cannot see how creatine can do this personally . Its already in your body how much are u taking . Also how much water maybe this is the key

Found this out dont know if it any use take a read . But a small part i did take out - the good and the bad of it .

The good: Many people report increasing their lean muscle mass
between 6 and 10 lbs while using CM, though gains seem to stop after
that point. CM is nontoxic, even in large amounts.

The bad: Some people report symptoms including headaches, clenched
teeth, and the sound of blood rushing in their ears while using CM.
Creatines effects on blood pressure are an open question. Since it
has the effect of fluid retention in muscle, it might increase blood
pressure in the same way high sodium levels do, but this has not been
established or refuted. Also, it is expensive

http://www.bla.net/opul/crfaq.htm#Introduction

I take 1 heaping tsp. 30 minutes before a workout and immediately after it, and then 20mins later I drink my whey supplement. And in the first 4 days of starting the creatine i took atleast 3 tsps a day, sometimes 5.

Hmmm, maybe I could try creatine ethyl ester? Hoping it doesnt have the same effect on my blood pressure as CM would? Though my fathers side of the family has always had problems with cholesterol and blood pressure, I guess that could be why its going up so fast reacting to the creatine..

The doctor could never tell me why or if the creatine was screwing with my system which kind of tics me off too, I dont want to stop something that could not be the problem.

You should only use it for 6 months,and don't take it everyday bro,use it every other day and if you still want to drink that whey drink drink it on the day your not using creatine,don't abuse your body just to get a better workout.

creatine ethyl ester in my opinion is the shit . It is the best Creatine avalible causes 0 side effects and you get the best results by far pluss u only need 3gram a day i do 2gram upon awakening and 3 gram post work out .

What are you taking creatine for ?

To add that bit more intensity in to ur workouts or to add muscle ?

barnes said:
I take 1 heaping tsp. 30 minutes before a workout and immediately after it, and then 20mins later I drink my whey supplement. And in the first 4 days of starting the creatine i took atleast 3 tsps a day, sometimes 5.

Hmmm, maybe I could try creatine ethyl ester? Hoping it doesnt have the same effect on my blood pressure as CM would? Though my fathers side of the family has always had problems with cholesterol and blood pressure, I guess that could be why its going up so fast reacting to the creatine..

The doctor could never tell me why or if the creatine was screwing with my system which kind of tics me off too, I dont want to stop something that could not be the problem.

I don't know what brand you are using but typically 2 tsp would be 10 grams, you only need to take 5 grams daily. I have heard quite a few people claim that CEE does the same thing without the water retention, so I would say take a week or two off the creatine and then try the CEE and get your blood work done after a few weeks to make sure it isn't also raising your BP.

IronMike, that was an informative post, but who in the hell ever said creatine was expensive? The shit's like $0.03 a day.

Not a clue . Where i am in the uk at the minute 500grams is $42 robbing people thay are . On the net can get it next to nothing

Back