creatine benefits... (interesting article)

Have people without acne issues developed any issues with acne after taking creatine? And is it facial or body acne?

I believe that can be more easily attributed to increased testosterone levels, due to the working out that often accompanies taking creatine supplements.

I believe that can be more easily attributed to increased testosterone levels, due to the working out that often accompanies taking creatine supplements.

I have been lucky to have never had acne or skin problems. A friend of mine did and his got way better after he started taking fish oil...I wonder if proper Fish Oil supplementation would counter this possible creatine side effect.

How many grams were you taking per day to get liver enzymes go up?

less than 5g per day, you should get no elevation

No

Guess I read something wrong along the way. Didn't make too much sense to me, either, seeing as it's in powder form.

But, I guess what I read is on the complete bullshit concept on liquid creatine... It's fucking bullshit. Don't buy into it (I've tried it....IT'S SHIT).

http://www.dextersportscience.com/products/dimaxx/dx480003.html

so can someone give a general use as to when we should take it? pre and post workout? only pre? only post? only on lifting days? am i gonna be a pizza face ;)

so can someone give a general use as to when we should take it? pre and post workout? only pre? only post? only on lifting days? am i gonna be a pizza face ;)

the gist I got from the bodybuilding.com science forum and http://www.absolute-creatine.com/ was 5g with your 1-hour-pre-workout shake. Taking it more than that would just help raise your muscle levels quicker, but after a month or two of 5g twice or three times a week it would probably be fullish anyway.

I should've gotten Mono Creatine...but I decided to buy Kre Alkalyn creatine..

Though, a lot of people say it just converts into creatinine and doesnt do sh1t. I seriously see no difference...but I guess it provides a nice placebo effect in the gym (ie. increasing weight when doing certain exercises..squats xD). Still I'm not going to fully doubt the supplement..since it works for some..

i don't know if it does anything, per se. but it signals that your liver is working harder than it usually does....for instance, drnking alcohol will raise the enzymes.

Hey bro, good to hear your doing well. If you dont mind me asking what type of cancer were you treating?

That being said, chemo would have been mostly responsible for elevated liver enzymes, not the creatine.

thx

I am 16 it's safe to use creatine right?

Hah I guess I didn't word it correctly I should have been more clear. What I meant was would taking creatine capsules be "safe" as in not have severe side-effects?

Hah I guess I didn't word it correctly I should have been more clear. What I meant was would taking creatine capsules be "safe" as in not have severe side-effects?

I doubt age matters, im 17 and have been taking it since i was 16. dont take capsules, buy some pure creatine monohydrate, i use ultimate nutrition brand creapure and put a 5gram scoop into my post workout shake.

What's wrong with capsules? The only reason why I would prefer capsules is because I have a feeling my parents will freakout if they see what I am taking

Then your parents need to be educated. There is creatine in beef. Do they freak out when you eat a burger?

What's wrong with capsules? The only reason why I would prefer capsules is because I have a feeling my parents will freakout if they see what I am taking

I am no expert on the subject but its easier to take it via powder form and control the amount being taken. If one capsule is equal to about 1 gram, you would have to take 5 of them to equal the amount recommended post workout. Ok, so you say i dont mind popping 5 pills then you factor in the price of pill form vs powder, where powder is cheaper and will last longer. Also, i believe the quality of the creatine is far superior in powder form then in pill form. I know a lot more can be inputted on this but this is all I know

No my parents (mom) is very paranoid about taking capsules because of what she sees on the news and stories about people taking some things and end up having severe side-effects. Thanks for the replies.

No my parents (mom) is very paranoid about taking capsules because of what she sees on the news and stories about people taking some things and end up having severe side-effects. Thanks for the replies.

if she is paranoid about you taking capsules then why would you take capsules?

Back