creatine benefits... (interesting article)

Creatine is naturally found in red meat, so I'm sure taking a little more (not going overrboard) as a supplement wouldn't do any harm...

jkuhlmann said:
i don't know if it does anything, per se. but it signals that your liver is working harder than it usually does....for instance, drnking alcohol will raise the enzymes.

CreatinINE is a byproduct of creatine metabolism. It is also viewed by medical science as an indictor of reduced liver function when it rises. More exogenous creatine = higher creatinine levels. The doctor sees this and thinks "liver problems", unless you let her know that you are taking creatine. If you already have normal liver and kidney functions, nothing should (99% of the time) happen.

Those with pre-existing conditions need to be careful...

creatine should not be taken continuously, doing so will inhibit the natural production of creatine within your body.

the liver enzymes will never go up on creatine, kidney might look a little stress but is the same thing that will happen after an intense training session

For thecreator:
there's products now that will prevent your body to become adapt it to it and will allow you to take it in a regular bases

OZ1972 said:
For thecreator:
there's products now that will prevent your body to become adapt it to it and will allow you to take it in a regular bases

so which products do this and 'how' exactly do they do it? this is interesting :D

but anyway.. i've read that creatine can dehydrate u since the water goes into the muscles instead of being utilized for hydration... therefore, hindering endurance..

OZ1972 said:
For thecreator:

Sounds like you've been fooled by the marketers.

Wow, I need to start taking creatine. It sucks I can't keep it at home either because of all the bad press it received in the past, my mom would throw it away if she saw it.

Does creatine have a 'use by date'? I found some from a couple of years back, I forgot about it when I went bk to uni, just had some in my PWO shake, haven't spewed up everywhere yet so I'm assuming it's fine lol...

but anyways... I have the same problem as u ^... What I did was get some cheap whey protein from a site as per myprotein.co.uk that just supplies cheap unflavoured whey in cheap plastic tubs, and then simply use the whey and then put your creatine in the left over tub. That way there is no contentious issue over the tub, because the cheap sticker on the side just says whey protein lol. Stupid parents grrr. :mad:

I'd reply, but I can't get past all the cobwebs and dust covering this thread.

I'd reply, but I can't get past all the cobwebs and dust covering this thread.

if he started his own thread, the response here would likely have read 'do a search noob'...

LOL I didn't actually notice the date so that's totally my bad. That'll teach me not to click the 'related threads' that come up at the bottom of other threads... :icon_neut

Oh well it can sink, if there's no answer I will just start a new one. Apologies.

the reason they say to cycle creatine is because your body produces creatine.... so if you continue to take creatine your body will stop producing it..... then when you finally stop taking creatine as a supplement your body will forget that it has to produce creatine. so if you want to keep your body producing natural creatine you should cycle the creatine

The body barely produces any creatine in comparison to how much we supplement, though. Naturally we use less than a gram of creatine a day, from body production and dietary creatine. Only half of the creatine we naturally use is created by the body. That is a drop in the bucket in comparison to 5g+ a day. With how cheap and easy it is to get dietary creatine, I would consider it a risk worth taking anyway. It isn't anywhere near the same level as testosterone. Also, people have been taking creatine for over 10 years without issue.

Does creatine have a 'use by date'? I found some from a couple of years back, I forgot about it when I went bk to uni, just had some in my PWO shake, haven't spewed up everywhere yet so I'm assuming it's fine lol...

I've heard it has a shelf life of 6 months. After that it breaks down into creatinine (however it's spelled). So you'd basically be drinking toxins. Not beneficial.

from personal experience i would recommend creatine for chemo patients. for the year or so i needed it, i kept in the gym and trained BJJ. i used creatine pretty much the whole time, and got no results from the weight lifting....but i was able to maintain myself very well for someone receiving that treatment.

it did make my liver enzymes go way up, and that freaked out my doctor but i didn't give a shit...she was working for me, godamit

How many grams were you taking per day to get liver enzymes go up?

less than 5g per day, you should get no elevation

I've heard it has a shelf life of 6 months.

No

if he started his own thread, the response here would likely have read 'do a search noob'...

This is very true

Atleast he's not wasting space :icon_chee

Good article to boot

I have cycled on and off creatine for a few years (more off than on) through different parts of the year. I take it during periods where I am building up to a peak, then drop it for a while. At first this was beacause of budget when I was in high/school college. Now I just do it cause it kind of makes sense.

Anyway, I've used exclusively the liquid creatine ATP for the last probably 5-6 years. I did the powder during high school and some in college. Seems I have less negative side effect (acne, bloating) on the liquid form. Or that could just be coincidence. Not really what I am interested in.

What I am interested now as I am about to embark to the supplement store for my first creatine purchase in a while is performance: Powder, or Liquid.

I'm leaning towards powder just to try it. The whole reason I started using the liquid form was a matter of convenience (powder sucks to me).

Thoughts?

What I am interested now as I am about to embark to the supplement store for my first creatine purchase in a while is performance: Powder, or Liquid.
Thoughts?

Always liked powder better myself, its also cheaper.

Have people without acne issues developed any issues with acne after taking creatine? And is it facial or body acne?

Back