1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Creatine and salt question

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by KLudwig64, Jul 3, 2010.

1. KLudwig64

KLudwig64 White Belt

I remember some time ago where someone on this forum suggested using just "a pinch of salt" mixed with their creatine monohydrate in water for absorption. i'm hardpressed to believe this because i've searched endlessly not only on this forum but on the internet in general and have came up with nothing. i believe the poster who suggested this was Ronin but i could be mistaken. if someone wants to back this up, please do. thanks

2. Dafreeclinic

Dafreeclinic Orange Belt

I recall this statement as well I believe it was suggesting salt would help increase insulin levels and help with absorption, but Im unsure.

3. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Why would salt increase insulin levels? I could see an argument for sugar (and I've seen people advocating taking creating with juice) for this reason.

4. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

There was a study published that someone posted here suggesting that sodium increased creatine absorption. I don't remember the reason or the source right now though. Try searching it on here.

5. DEVILsSON

DEVILsSON Black Belt

Sodium spiking has a different mechanism of absorbtion of nutrients vs insulin spiking.

6. ozzie

ozzie Brown Belt

This is from a knowledgeable poster who doesn't come here anymore unfortunately.