creatine and protein together??

TimPlu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
is it pointless to take protein and creatine together? i mean if i take a creatine drink before i go workout and then a protein shake after i get home, is that going to be a waste of time? should i just stick to one or the other or can i take both

DEFINITELY take both.

Good God.

Protein isn't something that anybody should be 'considering' supplementing. Fact: You're body needs a certain amount of protein to build/repair muscles. You can't get enough protein through regular foods. Therefore, you should ALWAYS be taking protein shakes. This isn't an option.

Creatine is a great product. It's one of many supplements that is effective, use it.

Don't get the idea that it's 'one or the other' type thing. Right now I'm taking 7 different supps, and to be honest, a lot of people take a lot more than that.

Another cheap supplement I would suggest is Taurine. Cheap as dirt and it's effective.

Plum said:
You can't get enough protein through regular foods. Therefore, you should ALWAYS be taking protein shakes.

You can't? That's strange. I do.

Plum said:
. You can't get enough protein through regular foods. Therefore, you should ALWAYS be taking protein shakes.

...hilarious

bck said:

I think he means that in a figurative way. As in theres no such thing as too much protien. I believe thats what he means. Anyway, take both, and while were on the topic of protien, you should take in at least one gram of protien for every pound of body weight.

I mix mine together before bed, but post workout I drink them seperate. My creatine tastes awful and makes my protein taste bad so I leave them alone. The before bed mix is chocolate and doesnt seem to taste as bad as the other flavors I take during the daytime.

bck said:

Maybe if you weight 150lbs... Even then, there's no such thing as too much protein.

I weigh 205lbs. I want to get at least 205 grams of protein per day, but idealy more, around 250-300g/day. I eat 5 meals a day, 40g/meal. So I need to supplement. I don't know anybody who gets enough protein through their regular diet.

Like I said, there's no harm in getting more protein.

i take my creatine about 5 minutes before im done with my lifting for the day then 10 minutes after finishing i have my protein shake. hope that helped.

btw im jackedzors.

You can take both if you can only take one for whatever reason I would take protein.

well we've come a long way in our knowledge on the subject now mike. Research now shows that Protein + Creatine = Aids + enlarged prostate... and if you're a woman and you do it, you grow a prostrate.

Back