Creatine and lifting

5thDimensionMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
has anyone noticed that creatine slows you down ? I’ve been doing some pressing movements to get a stronger push/punch and I actually feel more stiff and slower.My preworkout has creatine in it and I was wondering if any of you have noticed slowed movement with creatine while training ?

C
has anyone noticed that creatine slows you down ? I’ve been doing some pressing movements to get a stronger push/punch and I actually feel more stiff and slower.My preworkout has creatine in it and I was wondering if any of you have noticed slowed movement with creatine while training ?
creatine is absolutely not why you’re feeling this way.

How so? I took c4 and my muscles just swelled up.I was way slower w my punches.
There’s water retention but certainly not to the degree that it inhibits movement. Unless maybe you’re super sensitive to the effects. Maybe you just need a rest day or two, or work on some mobility.

Most preworkouts are under dosed and creatine is saturation based, meaning you have to take it every day to reap the full benefits.

Bad for your kidneys, PED, doesn't improve your speed.

Pointless

Pointless
You seem like a promising new member of the forum - welcome!

For what it's worth, creatine seems to give me an upset stomach, so I don't take it anymore.

Pointless
Lmao only bad for your kidneys if you don’t hydrate properly, it’s not a PED, it occurs naturally in beef, and no, it’s not meant to improve speed.
Speed is a genetic gift that can be improved upon. If yo ass ain’t fast already, you’re not gonna be.

Never noticed that problem, Could possibly be that you're not hydrating enough. IIRC creatine dries you tf out.

Don't blame the creatine blame the pressing movements. If I lift my punches get slower until I stop lifting and my arms loosen up from practicing punching. The heavy bag is the best way to increase punching power imo. Hit it as hard as you can every day for a long time and you will notice a difference. Practice throwing your weight into the punches. Not saying lifting weights won't help, explosive movements are good but not as good as hitting the heavy bag hard and often

Don't blame the creatine blame the pressing movements. If I lift my punches get slower until I stop lifting and my arms loosen up from practicing punching. The heavy bag is the best way to increase punching power imo. Hit it as hard as you can every day for a long time and you will notice a difference. Practice throwing your weight into the punches. Not saying lifting weights won't help, explosive movements are good but not as good as hitting the heavy bag hard and often

Well I was speaking my experience from hitting the heavy bag .How many days a week would you say is good to work the heavy bag ? I get sore if I hit it hard even once .

Back