International Crazy-world accelerating: Mexican troops disarmed American soldiers on US soil

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
This is out-of-control, yet still, nothing is being done.

How on earth Mexicans can come into America as soldiers, disarm our own military on our own soil, and walk... is so far beyond my comprehension that I must ask the sherdog geniuses what the fuck is going on here.

It is CNN, so that's something right there:

(CNN)Two US soldiers were questioned by Mexican troops earlier this month while conducting a surveillance operation on the US side of the southern border, two US defense officials tell CNN.

"On April 13, 2019, at approximately 2 p.m. CDT, five to six Mexican military personnel questioned two U.S. Army soldiers who were conducting border support operations in an unmarked (Customs and Border Protection) vehicle near the southwest border in the vicinity of Clint, Texas," US Northern Command told CNN in a statement.

"The US soldiers were appropriately in US territory" during the encounter, the statement added.

During the incident, the Mexican soldiers pointed their weapons at the US troops, removing a soldier's sidearm and returning it to the unmarked US vehicle, the officials said.
The Mexican troops were armed with what appeared to be assault rifles, according to one official.

Officials said that the US soldiers allowed the weapon to be taken "in an attempt to de-escalate a potential volatile situation."

"Throughout the incident, the US soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols," Northern Command said....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/politics/mexican-troops-american-soldiers-border/index.html

And how this is following "established procedures and protocols" is so whack that I'm betting CNN made that up.

TBH they could've been Los Zetas and nobody would be able to tell the difference at this point. Mexico is corrupt as it gets and basically a failed state.

Were the Federalis above board or below board?

I thought Trump was going to secure the border? Lemme guess...we just need to vote in a few more republicans first.

I thought Trump was going to secure the border? Lemme guess...we just need to vote in a few more republicans first.

And that's why our troops can't descalate situations like this. Because then you get guys saying shit like this.

Would you have rather the US soldiers blew the Mexicans away?

It was a mistake, nothing to start a war over.

Maybe the Mexican troops were patrolling the border and the un marked car alarmed them.
I mean what do our border people do to people near the border in unmarked cars?

The encounter took place south of the border fence in the area but north of the Rio Grande, the officials said.
However, the officials said the river in that area consists of brush-filled and dried-out riverbed, making it "very easy" for people to be confused as to what side of the border they are on.
One of the American soldiers spoke some Spanish and was able to explain the situation to the Mexican forces. The two sides talked the incident over and promised to de-conflict in the future, the officials said.
"An inquiry by (Customs and Border Patrol) and (the Department of Defense) revealed that the Mexican military members believed that the US Army soldiers were south of the border," Northern Command said while adding that the US troops were north of the border.
"Though they were south of the border fence, US soldiers remained in US territory, north of the actual border," the statement said, adding that "after a brief discussion between the soldiers from the two nations, the Mexican military members departed the area."

Oh. So that explains that then. A total non story.

No, Democrats need to quit fighting it, they demand open borders, like crazy people

5 > 2 and neither side wanted to draw blood or be bloodied

Where was the nearest sign or landmark for the boarder? Definitely could see this as the (lesser trained) Mexican squad drifting a few hundred yards into the US on their patrol and not realizing it. Then the outnumbered US deciding to back down rather than possibly getting killed and starting an international incident

Last edited:

I like you because I don't have a flipping clue which "side" of an argument you're going to take in most threads

Where was the nearest sign or landmark for the boarder? Definitely could see this as the (lesser trained) Mexican squad drifting a few hundred yards into the US on their patrol and not realizing it. Then the outnumber us deciding to back down rather than possibly getting killed and starting an international incident

Literally two posts up.

It's all covered in the article.

Where was the nearest sign or landmark for the boarder? Definitely could see this as the (lesser trained) Mexican squad drifting a few hundred yards into the US on their patrol and not realizing it. Then the outnumber us deciding to back down rather than possibly getting killed and starting an international incident

I read about this already. Where they were at was south of the border structure, but on the US side of the Rio Grande. The riverbed in the area is dry, according to the sources in the story, and US officials acknowledged that it's easy to get confused about what side of the border they were actually on.

@Yorkist already pointed out that this is a non story. Mexican troops confronted the US soldiers, the US soldiers de-escalated the situation, the Mexican soldiers acknowledged their accident and went on their way. No one involved in this seemed to think it was an issue at all.

International incident avoided by cool heads (but I see some people want to turn it into an international incident anyway). Hopefully the influx of troops, who don't know the job of the border patrol, doesn't create a situation where heads get hot.

TBH they could've been Los Zetas and nobody would be able to tell the difference at this point. Mexico is corrupt as it gets and basically a failed state.

No friggin’ doubt they were recon for cartels moving drugs or people.

They’ve shot at us before with a military helicopter. Also cartel run no doubt.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna142966

Their military has to be assumed to Be in bed with cartel members. From rank and file soldiers up to top leadership

White liberal traitors will say there is no problem

/thread

These two schmucks were probably replacements and the normal border patrol agents are likely in bed with them as well

Their military has to be assumed to Be in bed with cartel members. From rank and file soldiers up to top leadership

1.- It was a mistake.

2.- If all the military in Mexico works for cartels, then why are cartel leaders getting caught all the time?

I actually read this as CNN making a mountain out of a mole hill and trying to humiliate the US servicemen for getting disarmed and not going all John Wick on the mexicans.

1.- It was a mistake.

2.- If all the military in Mexico works for cartels, then why are cartel leaders getting caught all the time?

How many get caught “all the time”?

How many get caught “all the time”?

Caught or killed? most of them.

Most of the violence in Mexico stems from the fact that there arent many big capos anymore, Chapo was the last of his kind.

Only 2 major "old school" ones prevail, "Mayo" Zambada and Caro Quintero and if they remain at large is because they rarely leave the mountainside and delegate a lot of responsibility.

The era of Mexican druglords is basically over, its a free for all nowadays.

Back