Crazy to think Conor was almost 20 lbs heavier then Floyd

Crazy to think Conor was probably around 170 when he fought Floyd, and still got walked down. Just shows that the punching technique of boxers is unmatched. Conor thought that his Karate style punching was going to work in a boxing match lol. Conor was so arrogant he refused to get a boxing coach. I'm not a Conor hater, but I just remembered this after Jacob's rehydrated against Canelo and still lost

He actually made a big mistake by gaining weight for a boxing match.
I thought skeleton McGregor is gonna show up for this.
Bad tactics, no good trainers, no proper sparring sessions -> loss.

I know he did amateurs....very well could have

I think he was golden gloves or close to it...pretty sure he did fairly well.

golven gloves is nothing special, cuz the level of comp depends on region.

even fucken schaub is a golden gloves winner lol

Realistically Conor did almost as well as most of the pro boxers Floyd fought. Pretty good showing for a guy with zero boxing matches IMO

He really didn't, though. Mayweather's strategy was to just let him punch himself out to make the fight "entertaining" and then take over. And that's what he did.

Did Conor do better than Mayweather expected him to? I believe so. But he didn't do well. He just wasn't completely useless. Only kind of useless. I said this in another thread and it's true, Conor might be the softest puncher I've ever seen in a televised boxing match.

I truly believe that if Floyd just stuck his chin and out and let Conor hit him as hard as he could, he still wouldn't have even put Floyd on shaky legs. The compubox numbers are legitimate. He hit Floyd a lot. But 99% of them were absolutely meaningless and likely inflicted no damage at all to Floyd.

Not to mention, Floyd didn't fight Conor the way he fought..really anybody in the last 12 years. He walked Conor down and barely threw. Basically inviting Conor to throw. If the slow version of Floyd we saw that night had done that against any other boxer he's faced he'd have been knocked out. So those compubox numbers are meaningless in a critical sense. Conor landed legitimately 2 shots with any semblance of significance. Floyd probably landed 40.

I know this topic has been beat to death but I've re-watched this fight so much that I just needed to get my opinion out there.

Note: I do not dislike Conor. He's awesome.

Right, exactly my point. But he’s going against someone who’s considered the goat boxer. It was never going to be close
Do you watch a lot of boxing?

The talent is top heavy as hell everywhere. The 75th ranked guy in any given division is probably barely above Conor.

Paulie and Conor went pretty even...Paulie had only been retired for like a year. He was still a top 100 caliber fighter. Easily. Probably top 30-50

Boxing has so many divisions that being top 100 isn't even enough to be equivalent to ufc in mma. It's very very watered down
you two stupid? he thinks he has a point? and you agreeing with him? hes comparing the difference between boxing and mma to soccer and basket ball. Conor like every other mma pro trains his boxing every single day whether shadow boxing, bag work, mitts or sparring days on which they could do boxing only rounds like many MMA gyms to improve their fighters boxing including the one im in.

damn bro its like watching two animals in their natural habitat interact is what i felt like reading you agreeing with his reply.

He really didn't, though. Mayweather's strategy was to just let him punch himself out to make the fight "entertaining" and then take over. And that's what he did.

Did Conor do better than Mayweather expected him to? I believe so. But he didn't do well. He just wasn't completely useless. Only kind of useless. I said this in another thread and it's true, Conor might be the softest puncher I've ever seen in a televised boxing match.

I truly believe that if Floyd just stuck his chin and out and let Conor hit him as hard as he could, he still wouldn't have even put Floyd on shaky legs. The compubox numbers are legitimate. He hit Floyd a lot. But 99% of them were absolutely meaningless and likely inflicted no damage at all to Floyd.

Not to mention, Floyd didn't fight Conor the way he fought..really anybody in the last 12 years. He walked Conor down and barely threw. Basically inviting Conor to throw. If the slow version of Floyd we saw that night had done that against any other boxer he's faced he'd have been knocked out. So those compubox numbers are meaningless in a critical sense. Conor landed legitimately 2 shots with any semblance of significance. Floyd probably landed 40.

I know this topic has been beat to death but I've re-watched this fight so much that I just needed to get my opinion out there.

Note: I do not dislike Conor. He's awesome.
Conor didn't look great, but again he was competent IMO. He was pawing all night looking for that one HUGE punch and it never came. He had no business in there with Floyd

you two stupid? he thinks he has a point? and you agreeing with him? hes comparing the difference between boxing and mma to soccer and basket ball. Conor like every other mma pro trains his boxing every single day whether shadow boxing, bag work, mitts or sparring days on which they could do boxing only rounds like many MMA gyms to improve their fighters boxing including the one im in.

damn bro its like watching two animals in their natural habitat interact is what i felt like reading you agreeing with his reply.
That’s like saying lebron trains passing for basketball, so he should be able to pass in soccer

The thing that blows my mind is that after Conor got worked by Chris Heerden, and probably went head to head with an out of shape Paulie how did he still believe he could beat Floyd? Was he really that delusional? It was really all about the cash and Conor was acting?

That’s like saying lebron trains passing for basketball, so he should be able to pass in soccer
its not as i said you cant be this dumb and if you are this dumb than its pathetic really. Conor trains boxing. literally pure boxing EVERY DAY. passing with your hands isnt gonna help you passing with your feet. TRAINING actual boxing should help you improve unless conor is as dumb as you then no amount of boxing training would help him even if he had a life span of 3k years which he spends only boxing 12 hours a day. fk youre thick and i know you actually mean it. like literally youre this dumb.

The thing that blows my mind is that after Conor got worked by Chris Heerden, and probably went head to head with an out of shape Paulie how did he still believe he could beat Floyd? Was he really that delusional? It was really all about the cash and Conor was acting?

conor is delusional as fuck and thats why hes where he is now.

Im 100% sure he thought he could beat Floyd.

paulie beat his ass. if he didnt he would have posted 12 full rounds. its like his fans do... they pick the 3 shots he landed vs khabib and play them in a loop and there you go conor won the fight ofc they take everything else out including him getting choked.

Well no because then we're saying hitting with your hands = hitting someone with a kick

It was just a show

You actually believe Conor thought he could win? Against Floyd? In boxing?

He was pushing that hard to not get humiliated.
It's Floyd.

Floyd is one of the 8 to 10 most skilled boxers to ever live....

OK2E7JV.gif
Why people keep posting this? I don’t mean there’s nothing bad about it, I just want to know because I think I miss the point.

Is it because of technique or just the short funny tap of doom?

Floyd in 10 years at 50 years old could roll out of bed and make a top 10 welterweight look like a cab driver.

He's that far ahead of people.

Well no because then we're saying hitting with your hands = hitting someone with a kick

"Passing" isn't a binary action

It was just a show

You actually believe Conor thought he could win? Against Floyd? In boxing?

He was pushing that hard to not get humiliated.
It's Floyd.

Floyd is one of the 8 to 10 most skilled boxers to ever live....

I really believe Conor is delusional enough to believe he could beat him. Reason why he didnt get a boxing trainer. I think Conor was truly surprised when Floyd started to walk him down. All I know is Conor is lucky he didnt step in with Canelo or GGG. All it would take would be one punch

Back