Crazy that Struve tko'ed Miocic, Who's fighting for the title now. New interview with Stefan

Meulenhof

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Stipe is probably fighting for the title now. Struve finished him. I think Struve has/had a lot of potential but never lived up to it.

Interesting interview:

It was Stefan's best fight ever, he could propably knock out everyone that night, including Mcgregor.

I may be wrong but wasn't Stipe only training part time till that fight?

Struve had a lot of potential, I think he was thrown to the lions a little too green and after Mark Hunt split his jaw he will never be the same.

Struve had a lot of potential, I think he was thrown to the lions a little too green and after Mark Hunt split his jaw he will never be the same.

He's had 34 fights and he's 27. That's absurd.

It's kind of his own fault, he's going at a crazy pace and his initial strategy was to, instead of utilizing reach, take huge amounts of damage until he got a sub. The Stojnic fight was brutal.

Stipe is probably fighting for the title now. Struve finished him. I think Struve has/had a lot of potential but never lived up to it.

Interesting interview:

It's a Croatian thing we're a cursed ppl. We always get really close and then lose in some stupid fashion.

Just look at our tourism: more islands than Italy, just as beautiful and half the price but nobody knows the country exists.

We join the EU and the economy tanks.

IIRC the TKO came after he started whaling on a standing Stipe after a possible accidental eye poke. Don't really put much stock in the result of the fight myself.

And with the heart disease, if he had a stronger mental game he would be top 5

Not really that crazy, Struve was on a roll back then.

Big country called it. After he knocked Struve out, he said Struve would prob be champion one day.

It's a Croatian thing we're a cursed ppl. We always get really close and then lose in some stupid fashion.

Just look at our tourism: more islands than Italy, just as beautiful and half the price but nobody knows the country exists.

We join the EU and the economy tanks.

As far as I know Struve is Dutch.

Regarding your country, you shouldn't have joined the EU so soon. The switch from kunas to euros will not benefit tourism, since you stop being the cheap awesome place just across the sea for Italians.

As far as I know Struve is Dutch.

Regarding your country, you shouldn't have joined the EU so soon. The switch from kunas to euros will not benefit tourism, since you stop being the cheap awesome place just across the sea for Italians.

Obviously I'm talking about Stipe getting KO'd

And no, almost nobody takes Euros there. It's a national pride thing 90% of stores and restaurants
refuse the Euro so it's still very cheap.

What happened is when we transtitioned to capitalism the same cronies that were ripping ppl off during communism, then ripped ppl off with capitalism and the country nearly went into bankrupcy. All of them got away with it.

Almost every country benefited from joined EU except Greece and Croatia. We lose in weird ways.

Always root for the guy. He's had some good moments I think

Stipe is legit, him losing to Struve doesn't mean anything given the fact that the leather they throw at heavyweight can make it so unpredictable.

I think Struve got him when Miocic was still learning, that being said I still think that Struve is improving but at a slower pace. Both guys started out in the UFC early in their careers. Miocic had only been fighting for like 2.5 years when he fought Struve.

Stuff happens. Fighters get better.

It is crazier that Clay Guide beat the current and former LW champ.

I know it's just one fight and anyone can have an off night, but Stipe's loss to Struve makes it VERY tough for me to take him seriously as a legit contender.

Back