Crazy that Black Beast is a thing and the UFC cut Shawn Jordan

He actually hurt Nelson in the few moments that it was on the feet. The rest of the fight is clinch. Reem didn't hurt Nelson and actually got hurt at the end of the fight.
Big Country was hurt, alright, his recovery speed is just ridiculous.

ya that was it. he beat him up pretty good in round 1 also. Dropped him. I'm surprised UFC didn't try harder to keep him.

when I see fighters like him, Mitrione and Bendo leave it reminds me of the class action suit against the UFC.

I thought Shawn Jordan just decided he was worth more money elsewhere after his contract was up? Not that he was cut

I don't know what he was being paid but it wasn't enough. I always looked forward to that cuddly wad of muscle fighting.

Jordan v Struve got booed roundly at that fight, I'm guessing that's why he got cut.

It's crazy that Black Beast is a thing? That's a fun sentence.

My point is, that both guys hurt him. You telling me he didn't feel Reem's flying knee and headkicks?

He sure didn't looked like it. He was very close to being finished in his last fight though, and that's why he had to clinch the whole fight.

TepidImaginaryIsabellinewheatear.gif

Pretty crazy fight overall. It is a shame that Jordan isn't in the UFC anymore, it's not like they couldn't use more guys at heavyweight.

His last reported pay was 22/22 at UFC 182. We know from Ray Sefo's twitter (in your own link) he signed a WSOF deal that starts at 15/15.

I think its likely the UFC didn't give him another offer, or one so abysmal he was forced out.

According to Jordan, Zuffa also had matching rights for a year, obviously they didn't exercise it, sent him packing.

Jordan was just a gatekeeper he brought nothing else to the table.

SJ is one of those guys who didn't understand the power of UFC brand. Left and thought he could make more with sponsors and what not, now is a virtual nobody in MMA

Back