Crazy Sanda KO

Wow this went from a nice KO thread to Sanda got a move from TKD. I'm pretty sure this move has probably existed for thousands of years in some form of Wushu. Awesome KO btw. The guy made an amazing comeback.

thanks for sharing, definitely my favorite low percentage kick. I like to throw reverse turning kicks all the time (not against opponents, just for the hell of it) but to do that whilst jumping is just badass.

actually when you jump you lose power. however, the reason he does it is b/c it is faster. he waited for his opponent to leave his body open when he attacks and BAM perfect timed counter. love that kick

WTF? Most kicking arts have a spinning kick. Why must this one be from TKD? :icon_lol:

Not true most Kung Fu styles especially those from the south had no kicks above the waist at all much less a spinning kick.

Same thing with karate since it retained its southern flavour thus didnt spin or kick high.

Granted, i doubt TKD was the first style to incorporate the move but it was certainly a pioneer in high and spin kicking

Here's a query more directly related to san shou/sanda as a competition: how is it different than shoot boxing, protective gear/funny trousers aside? Seems like they both allow FTR + throws/slams?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. It just seemed a little oblique to tout TKD pride about who created the kick, when the thread had nothing to do with the origin of the kick. It seemed to me that the TS was just showing a cool highlight from a Sanda/Sanshou fight. I don't think he was making any claim about the kick originating in China.

Lets give credit where its due. A tkd move worked in a ring environment.

its funny when a tkd kick actually works.... people bust a nut over it...

as far as im concerned.... its the basic stuff that makes a fighter great. not this flashy bullshit.... but hey, its just my opinion.

a basic 1,2,3 is 100000x's more effective and efficient than flashy techniques.

Wow this went from a nice KO thread to Sanda got a move from TKD. I'm pretty sure this move has probably existed for thousands of years in some form of Wushu. Awesome KO btw. The guy made an amazing comeback.

too bad sanda is a new martial art.... after they realized the flying crane monkey kick style was only good for movies.

too bad sanda is a new martial art.... after they realized the flying crane monkey kick style was only good for movies.

Why do you have to do this shit on ever thread you come on? do you think this makes you like you're cool or you do it all the time to try to let people know you train "fo realz"

Why do you have to do this shit on ever thread you come on? do you think this makes you like you're cool or you do it all the time to try to let people know you train "fo realz"

hey. grab 2 chairs, a camera, a mirror. practice your splits and take pics of yourself. have a goodnight.

hey. grab 2 chairs, a camera, a mirror. practice your splits and take pics of yourself. have a goodnight.

I want you to answer the question so act like you have at the very least a functioning brain stem and don't skirt around it for a change. Honestly what is your problem? you clearly don't know much about the arts you bad mouth all the time and when you encounter one of its practioners who can speak on it in a rational and intelligent way in debates you start you immediately shut down and resort to half witted low brow retorts before you scamper off with your tail in between your legs only to return again later to have another go.

Are you that immature you can not restrain yourself from acting like an over grown child on this board? For someone who claims you have nothing to prove you sure are desperate to come off a certain way to people on this forum.

I want you to answer the question so act like you have at the very least a functioning brain stem and don't skirt around it for a change. Honestly what is your problem? you clearly don't know much about the arts you bad mouth all the time and when you encounter one of its practioners who can speak on it in a rational and intelligent way in debates you start you immediately shut down and resort to half witted low brow retorts before you scamper off with your tail in between your legs only to return again later to have another go.

Are you that immature you can not restrain yourself from acting like an over grown child on this board? For someone who claims you have nothing to prove you sure are desperate to come off a certain way to people on this forum.

+1, this guy is always shitting on sanda threads. FUCK YOU!

The last knock out combo, is indeed a staple combo for TKD practitioners. It is a lead side kick, jump spin side kick a very nice quick combo. It is also pretty common practice in Sanda. The hard they block the first the faster and cleaner the second.

damn man?! did i make you lose sleep? my bad.... some advice for you. sleep early, wake up early. you will get alot of more things done. posting on a internet for in the middle of the night really isnt productive. oh and one more thing..........

YouMad.jpg

damn man?! did i make you lose sleep? my bad.... some advice for you. sleep early, wake up early. you will get alot of more things done. posting on a internet for in the middle of the night really isnt productive. oh and one more thing..........

YouMad.jpg

It wasn't the middle of the night where i am. Of course being that you don't have the ability to think before you speak you couldnt stop and realize many people are posting in different time zones than the one in you are in.

golly gee wilikers you are not a very bright bulb are you?:icon_chee

It wasn't the middle of the night where i am. Of course being that you don't have the ability to think before you speak you couldnt stop and realize many people are posting in different time zones than the one in you are in.

golly gee wilikers you are not a very bright bulb are you?:icon_chee

when are you not on sherdog?? holy shit man. you post thru out the night and day. motherfucker get off your computer. its funny cause i can poke fun and get a response from you INSTANTLY. really.... like within 5-10 minutes i get a response from you. check the threads... its kinda scary man. and as for me... im gonna go train "fo realz" and work. have a good day on sherdog.

btw sleeping while the suns out if very bad for you. didnt you ever listen to your mom?

when are you not on sherdog?? holy shit man. you post thru out the night and day. motherfucker get off your computer. its funny cause i can poke fun and get a response from you INSTANTLY. really.... like within 5-10 minutes i get a response from you. check the threads... its kinda scary man. and as for me... im gonna go train "fo realz" and work. have a good day on sherdog.

btw sleeping while the suns out if very bad for you. didnt you ever listen to your mom?

Yes you're quite right im on here every day all day i just happen to magically have a low daily post count that is nearly identical to yours!

Posts Per Day: 3.52

Posts Per Day: 4.50

secret ninja technique few know:icon_chee

later:icon_twis

Last edited:
I think what should be observed here is that yes most striking martial arts have the back kick and the jumping spinning back kick. However, Taekwondo fighters use it more in competition. That is why people say naturally, oh that is a TKD kick. Anyway what that shows is that these kicks can only be performed with lots of practice and great timing.

I'm still trying to figure out ftw TKD is doing in this thread.....

Back