Crazy Sanda KO

YukisHeart

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

"Dragon whips his tail." :p

The best part is how the guy throwing the kick gives himself a bit of a fright and covers up when the shot lands!

On a more serious note, I really like how he incorporates the much-maligned side-kick into his repertoire. People often say it's slow and leaves you exposed to take-downs and whatnot, but as far as I can tell it doesn't look any slower or more dangerous for the kicker than a thigh kick, roundhouse or even a lot of teeps.

Where's the side kick? The last one can't be it, that's a spinning back kick.

thanks for sharing, definitely my favorite low percentage kick. I like to throw reverse turning kicks all the time (not against opponents, just for the hell of it) but to do that whilst jumping is just badass.

That was a great KO tbh. He knew what he was doing, it wasn't just a stab in the dark

Fuckin cool.

I remember watching a extremely brutal sanshou HL a couple years back.

In the last minutes of the HL it was just KO after KO with many of them resulting from back kicks and side kicks to the face similar to the one posted by TS. The close ups were of high quality, and the soundtrack was some kind of bizarre techno.

I could never find this HL again, but it was one of the scariest combat sport vid I had ever seen.

Oh and sanshou FTMFW.

Good KO I also liked the big right he landed early in the clip

Lets give credit where its due. A tkd move worked in a ring environment.

Let's give credit where it's due; a sanda fighter used a move that's in both sanda and TKD in a ring environment. It doesn't prove anything for or against TKD if a non-TKD practitioner used a move found in TKD (as well as his own style)...

EDIT: On an unrelated note, here's a short highlight video of Mike Norman. He's a fighter from Boston Sanda Kickboxing/Redline Fight Sports, who's competed on a national and international level in Sanda. He's got that type of KO somewhere in this vid.

YouTube - Mike Norman San Shou Kickboxing highlights

Man, that was beautiful. Ever since I concentrated on boxing, I lost my flexibility so I really appreciate these kinds of kicks these days.

Let's give credit where it's due; a sanda fighter used a move that's in both sanda and TKD in a ring environment. It doesn't prove anything for or against TKD if a non-TKD practitioner used a move found in TKD (as well as his own style)...

It proves for TKD, if TKD has been around a hell of alot longer than Sanda. It proves that the Sanda originators have taken something from TKD, a proven art.

Just like they took moves from MT>

Fuckin cool.

I remember watching a extremely brutal sanshou HL a couple years back.

In the last minutes of the HL it was just KO after KO with many of them resulting from back kicks and side kicks to the face similar to the one posted by TS. The close ups were of high quality, and the soundtrack was some kind of bizarre techno.

I could never find this HL again, but it was one of the scariest combat sport vid I had ever seen.

Oh and sanshou FTMFW.

this clip?

i kind of like the level of san shou in art of war the jujitsu is terible but they have great kickboxing and slams

It proves for TKD, if TKD has been around a hell of alot longer than Sanda. It proves that the Sanda originators have taken something from TKD, a proven art.

WTF? Most kicking arts have a spinning kick. Why must this one be from TKD? :icon_lol:

"Amateurs talk hardware, professionals talk software."

If an art were nothing more than a collection of moves, I guess you'd have a point. But since that's not the case, we'll have to go with answer B:

WTF? Most kicking arts have a spinning kick.

Back