Crazy Idea Re: Bigfoot vs. Hunt 2

MacDougall

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So it looks like they're trying to sell out Etihad with one title fight and a bunch of Aussie fighters.

The co-main being Bigfoot vs. Hunt 2 is somewhat tarnished by it being a 3 round rematch of a 5 round war.

So, why not make it the inaugural Super Heavyweight Title match and make it 5 rounds. Lord knows both of them want to be over 265lbs anyway.

Extra title fight and brings Bigfoot vs. Hunt 2 up to the 5 rounds it needs to be.

Bigfoot is off the TRT, and Hunt will be better conditioned, i don't think this will take even 2 rounds.

No.

But if the UFC wanted to honour the 1st fight by making the co-main event a 5 round fight... I would seriously be ok with that.

I do believe the UFC should make a clause allowing certain co-main events to be 5 round fights in case of "special occasions". Past examples where this would have been fitting include Cerrone-Bendo III, Condit-Hendricks etc

SHW Hunt is gone. Vegan Hunt is the future.

It's a shame it isn't another 5 round war but it's still a very solid co-main.

Or just make it a 5 round fight.

But that can't happen of course, because of The Bullshit.

Or just make it a 5 round fight.

But that can't happen of course, because of The Bullshit.

If people start picking and choosing what should be five rounds outside of a main event, it'd become a shit show. It's called being legitimate.

It'll probably happen. It's not crazy. But you never know what happens due to injuries, guys getting moved around, etc...

If people start picking and choosing what should be five rounds outside of a main event, it'd become a shit show. It's called being legitimate.

Lets not pretend UFC hasn't been making stupid non-legit decisions lately now. Title shots for one.

Can you name FIVE super heavyweights in the UFC? Maybe even in the entire MMA world outside of the UFC? Talk about a completely unnecessary title.

This.

People act like the 265lb limit is really stopping us from seeing some great big athletes, but it really isn't. It's pretty rare for someone to be over 265lbs, fit and lean, athletic and a quality martial artist. There'd be zero depth to this division, and it would just descend into an overweight dinosaur freak show.

This.

People act like the 265lb limit is really stopping us from seeing some great big athletes, but it really isn't. It's pretty rare for someone to be over 265lbs, fit and lean, athletic and a quality martial artist. There'd be zero depth to this division, and it would just descend into an overweight dinosaur freak show.

Right. Womens 135lb, womens 115lb and mens 125lb are just shark tanks.

Half the heavyweights would go up to SHW if there was a division where they could just be themselves in, there are dozens of SHWs floating around outside the UFC too. Other orgs have SHW titles. Tons of 300lb NFL washouts would all of a sudden have something to strive for. It's not that crazy, y'all are just narrow minded. If it happened you'd probably be like oh yeah this shit is the bomb. But no you want to dismiss it because of wrongness. Y'all need Jesus.

I'm not sure Bigfoot still has what it takes to get out of the 2nd round alive.
I do wish he'd been able to fight in an uncapped UFC HW division/SHW division.

TRTless Bigfoot v. Vegan Hunt don't need no 5 rounds.

I'd be up for it though, not the SHW belt though, HW is weak as it is.

Maybe all fights should be 5 rounds. Maybe all fights should be for the finish, with no time limit.

Back