Crazy Gracie family "Game of Thrones" story

Just find out about Rolls Gracie, real game of thrones kinda story. Why isn't this guy mentioned more often?

> Being son to both carlos and helio (and having to be threated as a bastard by both sides).
> Rivalizing with all his brothers from both sides, still managing to best of all of them (even as one of the smallest of the family).
> Used the benefit of being a flight attendant's son to travel the world and train other martial arts.
> The first gracie to mixted jiu jitsu with other fighting styles. (wrestling and sambo)
> Arguably the most influential guy to jiu jitsu (Only lived 31 years)
> Real potential to have been the GOAT if he had not died so early in a hang gliding accident.

Great story teller the video guy by the way, no bias

You forgot to say he had a really important role in Rickson's training.
He is regarded as the best of his generation and ahead of his time.

their family will be forgotten by the end of the decade. Kron is straight dog shit

I wouldn't say that he is dog shit but his fan base does sort of provokes such conclusions by being so delusionnal.

I’m not trying to hate. I’m a “BJJ guy” and still respect the Gracies. I’m sure Rolls was great, and it’s cool he was traveling and learning different stuff, but I do have to wonder how much his legend has been hyped, given his untimely death. Can we really say he was the best and he would have been the champ? A lot of people spout that and maybe it’s true, but we just have so little evidence to make such a claim.

Anyway, RIP Rolls. Sad story. Again, sure he was a great fighter.

Back