Crazily low recommended protein intakes

I guess that is why all high level MMA fighters employ posters like Monger to make sure they are eating properly lol.

Actually I work with one that is quite prominent on here. Not to mention a couple of the strongest guys on here. So your point is what?

I've never checked out Mega Men Multi but I am fairly sure that isn't the same as a greens supplement. If Mega Men Multi is a multivitamin then it is definitely not the same. Most of the better greens supplements are powders that you mix with water.

Alright, cool. I just ordered a 510g container of Greens+. Came to friggen $60..and based on 3tsp a day that'll only last 34 days. I don't know how long I can afford this for!

And that Berardi caption was hilarious hahaha.

You just made mongos day. Clever marketing, sold with the name of Couture. Does he get royalties?

What does "absorbed in on sitting" mean anyway? You can sit a while to absorb anything more complex than carbs and whey. You know, it takes time to "absorb" proteins and other nutrients. There's no 30 gram locker in your stomach that dumps the rest of your meals proteins in your belly flap. Sure a large predigested protein drink timed wrong goes to storage easier than a big steak, and that becouse it takes more time to digest the steak and turn it to aminos and peptides and what not. We dont live on an IV, we dont need to stable our blood sugar every two hours if we dont rock the boat to begin with. And the body takes use of the proteins we eat even if we eat a half kilo steak at one sitting. We have storage rooms for all kinds on nutrient s for a reason.

Actually I work with one that is quite prominent on here. Not to mention a couple of the strongest guys on here. So your point is what?

I know bullshit when I hear it. If that is true who is it and prove it. If we are just making shit up then Tank Abbot is my daddy.

My point is that this is a discussion board but by no means a collection of dietitians. I highly doubt Monger works in the health industry and even if he does, that doesn't make me incorrect.

Ask around here bud, I have nothing to prove to you haha. Barut, Fatkid, and others have used my services. PM them, ask any mod here. I will not release the fighters name that I am working with right now. As that's up to him. I don't need your accolades to receive business hahaha.

You are somewhat incorrect. Alan Aragon(who I use as a lot of my sources) is one. Robb Wolfe, is a Biochemist, Dave Barr is a chemist. I will be attending grad school in Nutrition at the University of Utah this fall. Not to mention most dieticians are not in the here and now with current knowledge.

So see, there you have it. Call my bluff all you want, I have no reason to. Yes, you are incorrect as well.

I know bullshit when I hear it. If that is true who is it and prove it. If we are just making shit up then Tank Abbot is my daddy.

My point is that this is a discussion board but by no means a collection of dietitians. I highly doubt Monger works in the health industry and even if he does, that doesn't make me incorrect.

For the record, we can debate any nutritional fact, or lack there of, all you like:icon_chee

I'm not a big fan of the FDA's recommendations on food intake. They are the one's who created the "food pyramid" that has created this generation of fat ass Americans (and I am a recovering former fat ass American, so I can say that). They recommended for years and years the "food pyramid" that required 10-12 servings of carbs per day, then it finally dawned on them (after a few decades) that recommending 12 servings of carbs (more and more of which were processed, refined carbs) to sedentary people was probably a bad strategy.

I'm not a big fan of the FDA's recommendations on food intake. They are the one's who created the "food pyramid" that has created this generation of fat ass Americans (and I am a recovering former fat ass American, so I can say that). They recommended for years and years the "food pyramid" that required 10-12 servings of carbs per day, then it finally dawned on them (after a few decades) that recommending 12 servings of carbs (more and more of which were processed, refined carbs) to sedentary people was probably a bad strategy.

What pisses me off more are the people who vow by FDA recommendations and consider all other methods of dieting/nutrition to be incorrect, unhealthy, or plagued by some sort of retarded, non-existent health problems. And then there's the handful who are so ignorant, and so arrogant - they think your [extremely] healthy way-of-eating is just the opposite. I swear, some lazy/fat-ass people will try and come up with any kind of lame-ass excuse for why their body is the way it is - and then bitch at people who actually put in the effort to improve themselves. Makes me so mad! :p

Ask around here bud, I have nothing to prove to you haha. Barut, Fatkid, and others have used my services. PM them, ask any mod here. I will not release the fighters name that I am working with right now. As that's up to him. I don't need your accolades to receive business hahaha.

You are somewhat incorrect. Alan Aragon(who I use as a lot of my sources) is one. Robb Wolfe, is a Biochemist, Dave Barr is a chemist. I will be attending grad school in Nutrition at the University of Utah this fall. Not to mention most dieticians are not in the here and now with current knowledge.

So see, there you have it. Call my bluff all you want, I have no reason to. Yes, you are incorrect as well.

Again I smell bull. Now you are getting an advanced degree in nutrition huh? So not only do you train prominent professional fighters who you cannot name for some odd reason but you are also getting a masters degree in nutrition and choose to spend your free time antagonizing people who are trying to talk about nutrition. You use your vast knowledge of nutrition on the mecca of all nutrition sites, sherdog, with all it's "experts." Ok, well I'm banging Gina Carano then.

BTW, you should choose your wording a little more careful pal. You say "Call my bluff" indicating that you are bluffing (lying). If you have nothing to prove then why are you referring me to sherdog posters who have used "your service?" If you have nothing to prove then why do you keep responding, especially after I apologized to Monger? I thought that would end this crap, but you find it necessary to keep it going. This thread has gone past the intended subject matter, so as a "nutritional expert" you should go seek out nutritional topics rather than antagonizing me.

Oh yeah and if Dave Barr is a chemist then fine, but a chemist should know that a greens supplement cannot be replaced by fruits and veggies (post 29). So if Monger is gonna jump all over me about the glucose shit (post 45) then make sure Dave catches your wrath for his ignorance. I'm sure Vedic will make some excuse for him.

I just figured I'd throw out there that absurdly high protein diets aren't meant to be for seasoned MMA fighters that need to maintain a certain weight. They are meant for people seeking strength gains at a quick pace. Also the fact that protein displaces calories from other, less useful calories. If you are on a diet of 150-200g protein/day instead of an 80-100g diet, you need less calories from simple carbohydrates and non-essential fats.

I'd also like to mention that debunking the entire sherdog community based on one thread about beta-alanine is ridiculous. Obviously there aren't hundreds of articles about a relatively new supplement scattered throughout the internet. The majority of that thread is anecdotes from people that use the supplement. When there is no evidence in either direction regarding something, the best thing you have to go by is anecdotes.

I also didn't see anywhere in the thread that someone said if you take a greens supplement, you don't have to eat vegetables. It looked to me that he agreed with randy that they are good. He also disagreed that it is impossible to get the same benefit from the real thing. He then went on to say he doesn't believe his opinion to be fact, and it is completely plausible that adequate supplementation of greens could potentially negate the need for vegetables.

This basically means that he thinks more than just a supplement is required, but there is the possibility it could go either way.

I still don't see how you could find it to be indisputable fact that greens supplements are all anyone could possibly need without taking into account their routine diet and nutritional needs.

Again I smell bull. Now you are getting an advanced degree in nutrition huh? So not only do you train prominent professional fighters who you cannot name for some odd reason but you are also getting a masters degree in nutrition and choose to spend your free time antagonizing people who are trying to talk about nutrition. You use your vast knowledge of nutrition on the mecca of all nutrition sites, sherdog, with all it's "experts." Ok, well I'm banging Gina Carano then.

Ummm yes I am working on a advanced degree. Its up to them if they want to be publicly named not me. I told you usernames on here or mods that you can contact to call my bluff. Instead you continue to blab like a uneducated moron. Its not my "free" time. See the internet is where I started my training business, and a lot of my clients still come from there. not to mention, I have learned more on the internet and in discussions than I have in school. There are quite a few smart people on here, of course that would not include you.

BTW, you should choose your wording a little more careful pal. You say "Call my bluff" indicating that you are bluffing (lying). If you have nothing to prove then why are you referring me to sherdog posters who have used "your service?" If you have nothing to prove then why do you keep responding, especially after I apologized to Monger? I thought that would end this crap, but you find it necessary to keep it going. This thread has gone past the intended subject matter, so as a "nutritional expert" you should go seek out nutritional topics rather than antagonizing me.

You said I was lying about training a fighter. I know you are lacking in nutrition education, but is your reading comprehension shot as well? I said, ask around, PM the names I gave you. There is not a bluff. I train people, and we don't use "Randys" method lol, yet then you start threads about CEE and basic shit, yet you question our nutritional intelligence? Far from antagonizing. I call anyones bull shit when their nutritional advice cannot be backed by peer reviewed studies. If you don't like that, then sherdog is not the place for you.

Oh yeah and if Dave Barr is a chemist then fine, but a chemist should know that a greens supplement cannot be replaced by fruits and veggies (post 29). So if Monger is gonna jump all over me about the glucose shit (post 45) then make sure Dave catches your wrath for his ignorance. I'm sure Vedic will make some excuse for him.

He never said it could. You really are not the brightest apple off the tree are you?:icon_lol: Umm none of us have ignorance. Ignorance is believing one man and not questioning it. That my friend is you, not us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back