News Crawford vs Porter does 135k units

I have seen 135K, 190k and 220k all on Twitter.
And they're all meh numbers for a top P4P fighter like Crawford, going from terrible to slightly below average.

Crawford being called a duck is unwarranted though. It could be that he wants to face guys at 147 but Spence, the only way he unifies the belt wants to skip out.

He's just...not advertised towards the casuals as much.

Nah… just an excuse… people don’t respect Crawford because he has been a cherry picker all his life… and they respect Spence’s resume …

Tito Trinidad comes from a small little Borough of San Juan (7 miles) (Cupey) and has some of the biggest PPV’s in history

If you think fighting lots of big names on your CV will translate into big PPV numbers, then why didn't people tune in to support Porter? he isn't a cherry picker

We as fight fans want fighters to fight all the top names and when we perceive they don't, we want them punished at the box office, but this doesn't matter to box office appeal to casuals, as Porter's failure to draw in this fight proves yet again

If you want to sell PPV's you need either ;

a sparkling personality, an 'x' factor
or a connection with people due to locality/nationality to a large PPV buying public (like puerto ricans cotto or Trinidad)

Crawford has neither, so it's gonna be a long shot for him.

I admit I don't do ESPN+, just Showtime and DAZN anything else I order on PPV via streaming services like FITE or cable etc...I just refuse to get ESPN+ so I can buy PPVs (UFC or Boxing) via a paywall. So they lost my PPV purchase with this one and I have't watched a UFC at home since that crap started. I watch Bellator, RIZIN and PFL or go out if there is something I really want to see UFC-wise. I used to buy them every month now I buy freak show PPVs like Triad Combat or whatever. I'm still entertained.

If you think fighting lots of big names on your CV will translate into big PPV numbers, then why didn't people tune in to support Porter? he isn't a cherry picker

We as fight fans want fighters to fight all the top names and when we perceive they don't, we want them punished at the box office, but this doesn't matter to box office appeal to casuals, as Porter's failure to draw in this fight proves yet again

If you want to sell PPV's you need either ;

a sparkling personality, an 'x' factor
or a connection with people due to locality/nationality to a large PPV buying public (like puerto ricans cotto or Trinidad)

Crawford has neither, so it's gonna be a long shot for him.
Porter has never been the guy in the division and only one 2 ppv’s in his career … and never was the A side

From a sports standpoint a 50-50 split against Spence is the way to go.

That being said Spence has 2 belts and is obviously a bigger draw.

These guys have many options to screw it up.
At some point it's worth taking the b side money if a win will make you an a side fighter. A win for either of these guys will raise their stock bigly.

I don’t know what everyone is making such a fuss about. 135K PPV buys is pretty good for an up an comer like Prospect Bud. This early in his career is a bit demanding to expect him to carry a PPV single handedly.

Kinda played out, son.
3/10 for effort only.

F1F559E7-5F43-4893-ACA5-5DF96BDCC60B.gif

promtion promotion promtion. I could bame hundreds of fights that did worse than jake Paul bs askren.
Crawford has no personality to promote. He is great in the ring but outside of it, watching a Crawford interview is like watching grass grow. All of the biggest draws had some kind of personality to sell their fights and make people interested in them.

That's a real shame. Crawford's fighting style and how he is able to knock out guys with almost looping hands is quite unique in its own way.

He should get more media exposure as a fighter because tbf, at least he can KO people just fine.

The ending to that Porter fight hardly adds to his stock though because the ending was horrible.

But the boxing game has its own set of business rules and guidelines, sometimes even outside of the ring itself. Just wish that Crawford would be more willing to take a big name instead of playing it safe, y'know.

I'm guessing the ppv buys were meh because majority of boxing fans instinctively knew how this fight would play out...
It is hard to get more media exposure when you make your disdain for the media so apparent. He is boring to listen to and when he does talk he only says a few words at a time

great fight for the hardcores, but lets not pretend it had casual appeal.

we were not expecting anything approaching canelo numbers.

He needs to fight on ESPN or FOX. He pulls good numbers on there. His fight against Benavidez peaked at 2.7M.

Crawford could always move up and start talking shit to Charlo, but he's about to lose all of his titles so that probably won't work.

Crawford could always move up and start talking shit to Charlo, but he's about to lose all of his titles so that probably won't work.
Also a really dangerous fight for Crawford to take. Crawford has proven that even as a P4P fighter, he can be quite hittable at times.
Besides, being on the wrong end of Jermell Charlo is pretty much a death sentence.

this.... lmaooo @ decent. This is bad. Porter isnt a random either. Hes one of the top 5 most popular welters and just had a FOTY contender his last fight.

Bud is deluding himself if he thinks hes getting anything more than 45/55 against Spence. Hes not the A side here.
This would’ve done 4 million viewers on Fox and but their salaries, PPV is the only way to recoup it

Back