News Crawford vs Porter does 135k units

Pretty decent, but nowhere near any of Canelo's fights. Crawford got a ways to go.

Pretty decent, but nowhere near any of Canelo's fights. Crawford got a ways to go.
What ?

Decent? For the self proclaimed #1 guy, nope

Spence vs Porter did over 270k … Spence vs Mikey Garcia around 300k… Spence vs Danny Garcia 250k … even Gervonta Davis vs Barrios sold more, 220k

Last edited:
What ?

Spence vs Porter did over 270k … Spence vs Mikey Garcia around 300k… Spence vs Danny Garcia 250k … even Gervonta Davis vs Barrios sold more, 220k

this.... lmaooo @ decent. This is bad. Porter isnt a random either. Hes one of the top 5 most popular welters and just had a FOTY contender his last fight.

Bud is deluding himself if he thinks hes getting anything more than 45/55 against Spence. Hes not the A side here.

What ?

That's a real shame. Crawford's fighting style and how he is able to knock out guys with almost looping hands is quite unique in its own way.

He should get more media exposure as a fighter because tbf, at least he can KO people just fine.

The ending to that Porter fight hardly adds to his stock though because the ending was horrible.

But the boxing game has its own set of business rules and guidelines, sometimes even outside of the ring itself. Just wish that Crawford would be more willing to take a big name instead of playing it safe, y'know.

I'm guessing the ppv buys were meh because majority of boxing fans instinctively knew how this fight would play out...

this.... lmaooo @ decent. This is bad. Porter isnt a random either. Hes one of the top 5 most popular welters and just had a FOTY contender his last fight.

Bud is deluding himself if he thinks hes getting anything more than 45/55 against Spence. Hes not the A side here.
Hopefully that's the offer.

What ?

Spence vs M.Garcia 360k
Spence vs Porter 350k
Spence vs D.Garcia 250k

Crawford vs Postol 50k
Crawford vs Khan 150k
Crawford vs Porter 190k

Spence vs M.Garcia 360k
Spence vs Porter 350k
Spence vs D.Garcia 250k

Crawford vs Postol 50k
Crawford vs Khan 150k
Crawford vs Porter 190k
Worse than I thought. Spencer out there eclipsing Bud's numbers over 2x the buys in some fights.

It's almost kind of sad actually.

He decided to re-sign with top rank and fight ghosts for a lot of years… he knew what he was doing
You mean fighting pretty much gimme fights instead of risking it and fight against guys who are considered hazardous to Crawford's perfect win streak career :confused:

You mean fighting pretty much gimme fights instead of risking it and fight against guys who are considered hazardous to Crawford's perfect win streak career :confused:
Exactly

He might have to actually do this since he doesn't seem to have the personality outside the ring that allows him to sell fights beforehand.

Unlike Mayweather

That's a real shame. Crawford's fighting style and how he is able to knock out guys with almost looping hands is quite unique in its own way.

He should get more media exposure as a fighter because tbf, at least he can KO people just fine.

The ending to that Porter fight hardly adds to his stock though because the ending was horrible.

But the boxing game has its own set of business rules and guidelines, sometimes even outside of the ring itself. Just wish that Crawford would be more willing to take a big name instead of playing it safe, y'know.

I'm guessing the ppv buys were meh because majority of boxing fans instinctively knew how this fight would play out...

"Deserves" means nothing. Should Berto have had a shot at the belts Mayweather had in 2015 when he was of peripheral concern? Meanwhile there is a long list of worthy contenders in history who were ducked because of their excellence. Should Canelo get the benefit of the doubt of every close round in every fight? Should Ray Leonard have been holding belts in two weight classes at the same time when that is not how it goes? Deserved is just an entitled way to say "should" and what someone thinks "should" be is easily argued by a slew of others. And, anyway, boxing is bullshit. Have you guys not seen enough bullshit cards to know the 90+% forumla?

If you are A side with money behind you, you're opponent won't get a fair fight or a fair verdict. Which is ironic because people innately appreciate the fairness of two unarmoured men fighting on equal terms with nothing but their own body and mind.

Supplementary to this: I actually think Mayweather had to earn more rounds than a lot of other top fighters. He doesn't get those lopsided cards that people raise an eyebrow at like other fighters. At the same time, I know that if Castillo and Mayweather had switched names, somehow Castillo would have got that close fight...and that's kind of how boxing goes.

Back on track: Crawford spent his career boxing in a Wheatfield of a state, think that PR is mouthing off to other fighters on social media. He doesn't do himself any favours. "SHOULD" those ugly Paul brothers be boxing with comparatively little skills for millions?

Again, boxing is bullshit. A pig with lipstick will go about as far as a quiet, indignant talent.

And we'll all pay for the dogshit to be shoveled into our mouths. Such are the boxing fans. Or we'll bide our time, waiting for that one good fight that hardly comes along, and, when it does, it somehow validates our hopes. Boxing fans are those pathetic losers hoping they'll get eye a soaring second of eye contact with the attractive person and then think it will all work out.

Crawford will be about as unrecognizable to history as Charley Burley (don't feel proud if you know who he is, it's not hard as even a reasonable fan to catch the name).

Also, sometimes I rant, it doesn't mean I was even arguing with you. I'm probably agreeing with you. I just saw a post and started talking.

Take care.

Crawford is obviously really good but he fought in unexciting match ups for years and now people don't really like him. Fighting Porter was a good move but he's going to need to keep at it for people to start getting interested again. Also those shit undercards don't help.

Watched Bud make an appearance on Jalen and Jacoby during fight week. He has all the charisma of an autistic 12 year old boy. They were trying so, so hard to hype him and he'd answer their questions with single words and said "I don't know" to about a third of their softball questions. It's a shame but understandable that he doesn't sell PPV's to casuals.

Back