Crawford vs Khan ESPN PPV, April 20 9 PM ET/6 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

Can anyone recall the most hurt Terry was in any fight? Khan can crack when given a chance an with that handspeed you have to think that he can unleash some bombs on Terry, I'd like to guess how he would deal with that if it happens.

Styles make fights. From what I know Amir Khan has never been outboxed and if Crawford doesn't stop him it could be interesting. Crawford has power but its nothing special. Would not be surprised if the fight ended up looking similar to Khan vs Devon Alexander.
The thing is Devon couldn't fight, only box. The moment someone turns it into a fight he starts getting suspect. Hell he was outboxing Canelo, Lamont and Danny untill they turned it into a fight. Well atleast it'll be fun in the first half when Crawford tries boxing him

Styles make fights. From what I know Amir Khan has never been outboxed and if Crawford doesn't stop him it could be interesting. Crawford has power but its nothing special. Would not be surprised if the fight ended up looking similar to Khan vs Devon Alexander.
Does Crawford need good power(and it's plenty good enough)? He's a hell of a lot more accurate and hits harder than Sam Vargas who just dropped Khan and had him hurt. Algieri had him hurt of all people. Khan is in it for the payday and his jaw is well beyond cracked. This isn't a styles make fights kind of thing, this is a Top Rank literally has no one available to them for Crawford kind of thing.

this a decent match up, but you have to favor Crawford.

it is interesting how some fighters path are intertwined.Both Crawford and Khan fought Prescott, now they're fighting each other.

Also they shouldn't put this on PPV, neither is a PPV draw

Last edited:
Can anyone recall the most hurt Terry was in any fight? Khan can crack when given a chance an with that handspeed you have to think that he can unleash some bombs on Terry, I'd like to guess how he would deal with that if it happens.
Seems like I remember him getting tagged pretty good against Gamboa.

Does Crawford need good power(and it's plenty good enough)? He's a hell of a lot more accurate and hits harder than Sam Vargas who just dropped Khan and had him hurt. Algieri had him hurt of all people. Khan is in it for the payday and his jaw is well beyond cracked. This isn't a styles make fights kind of thing, this is a Top Rank literally has no one available to them for Crawford kind of thing.
This. Khan is going to get KO'd by Crawford who easily has enough power and accuracy to do the job.

Crawford is going to destroy Khan...I think worse than any previous opponent Khan has had. Khan is an entertaining fighter no doubt...but Crawford is a beast

Crawford is going to destroy Khan...I think worse than any previous opponent Khan has had. Khan is an entertaining fighter no doubt...but Crawford is a beast

Yeah, I'm trying to envision a scenario whereby Khan doesn't get sparked out, but...
<Fedor23>

For his safety I hope it cant get worse than this.
giphy.gif

Khan getting sparked on 4/20? Prophetic.

Can't see Khan winning.

he's going to get stopped.

Khan mulling retirement and seems to have mellowed down from being a young, brash champion.

So you think Crawford hits harder than Canelo? I think his getting KO'd against Canelo was about as bad as it gets. Khan was out cold. It was one of those knockouts where my first thought was 'I really hope he gets back up again...'

So you think Crawford hits harder than Canelo? I think his getting KO'd against Canelo was about as bad as it gets. Khan was out cold. It was one of those knockouts where my first thought was 'I really hope he gets back up again...'

i think crawford is going to hit him hard with more volume... and after enduring a few rounds of eating some large power punches hes going to his head taken off. which overall would be a more painful defeat than canelo

i think crawford is going to hit him hard with more volume... and after enduring a few rounds of eating some large power punches hes going to his head taken off. which overall would be a more painful defeat than canelo
I just don't see the KO being as decisive and brutal as the Canelo fight. Canelo definitely hits a lot harder than Crawford.

Khan has no chance against Crawford, he's got fast hands with a suspect defense and Crawford is has the perfect skill set to exploit this. The only thing I haven't decided is which outcome is more likely, Khan getting KO's stiff running into something he does'nt see coming, or Khan getting battered over the course of the fight leading to a ref, corner TKO. In my opinion, one thing is for sure, it is VERY unlikely that Khan lasts the full fight against TC.

Back