Crawford vs Khan ESPN PPV, April 20 9 PM ET/6 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

“Domestic level”??? Come on bubba
As I explained to the other idiot, that's how Khan see's Brook. He never gives him credit for being that good. I rate Brook as a world level fighter and if he beats Khan then that doesn't mean Khan was never that good. BUT Khans ego can't handle it because he doesn't think Brook is on his level even though he hates to admit that Brook could knock him out.

Khan, the guy who fought Canelo? Is ducking Kell Brook?

Khan, the guy who fought Canelo? Is ducking Kell Brook?
It's not hard to understand though. Canelo is rated top 3 P4P in the world. No shame in getting KO'd by him. Same thing with Crawford, another P4P great. BUT there is a big chance Khan gets KO'd by Brook who Khan himself has said isn't that good. He's been shitting on Brook for years, so imagine how it would feel to be Khan if he got knocked out by someone that he's been cussing for years. Khans rivalry with Brook goes back 15 years. Can you imagine how upsetting it would be for Khan to lose against someone that's he disliked for that long?

Why has nobody mentioned the fact that if Khan actually beats Terrance Crawford, he's in the mix with the Top WWs and can command most anything he wants from belts to money-fights?.
Khan has been really disresected around here, but the guy seems to have always taken fights that could catapult his career into the elite of the division or boxing overall. Fighters expect to win there fights, Khan goes in believing he can beat his opponent like any other boxer. Maybe Khan has bitten off more than he can chew at times but then again, the KOs he's received ANYONE else would've been out cold as well. Khan has good skills, matches up well with TC, I'd watch that fight.
And stop acting like TC has some kind of monster power, this is a pretty good fight imo.
Thats what I was saying.
He loses to Khan everythings out the window.
He puts up a good fight or wins against TC, then he has some leverage for other fights aka more money and bigger paydays.

Khan is fighting a better fighter not sure how hes scared. Lol.

Khan is fighting a better fighter not sure how hes scared. Lol.

It's a new variant of the old "Hatton's fighting Mayweather, which proves he's scared of Junior Witter" disease.

Once it's exhausted its original prey, it goes into hibernation & comes out every ten years to make otherwise reasonable UK posters spout absolute shite & then go into extremely convoluted rants to try to torture reality to fit their disease.

And don't be so fucking stupid to include Zab in there, Zab was well past it when Khan beat him. He barely scraped past Maidana and that really highlights the problems with him. He should have outboxed Maidana fairly comfortably, he has the talent.

& that version of Zab would be, what, the second-best fighter that Brook ever beat?

& har-de-har-har-har at outboxing Maidana fairly comfortably, the only dude who managed that was Mayweather (on his second go). IIRC the forums before the Khan-Maidana fight were full of "Now Khan gets found out, I can't wait" style shenanigans (from the same schmucks who said Khan'd never fight anyone decent after Prescott, too!).

The rest of your post is an extremely convoluted way of saying "Yes, I see your point, & my previous comment made no sense".

Well done.

It doesn't fuckin matter if he has a shot. Its the harder opponent and for better money.
Why the fuck would he turn that down to fight Brook?
He can fight Brook anytime he wants and he will beat Brooks ass anytime he wants.

Only an idiot would try to claim hes ducking Brook for Crawford.

I think he is afraid to lose to Brook, because that loss will hurt him. In England he will be reminded of it wherever he goes.

When he loses to Crawford, he will be able to say he lost to one of the best guys in the world.

Khan's ego will not allow him to lose to Brook, which he most certainly would and he knows it. Otherwise the fight would have happened by now.

Kell wants it, because he knows he will smash Khan's chin.

Khan's ego will not allow him to lose to Brook, which he most certainly would and he knows it. Otherwise the fight would have happened by now.

That might've been the case in the past, but based on Brook's latest showing, he looks finished as a world class fighter.

That might've been the case in the past, but based on Brook's latest showing, he looks finished as a world class fighter.

I still think he has too much for Khan.

Even if Khan has the advantage, i still think he is afraid to take the loss with Book.

I remember Hatoon facing all comers, but he wanted nothing to do with Witter.

Styles make fights. From what I know Amir Khan has never been outboxed and if Crawford doesn't stop him it could be interesting. Crawford has power but its nothing special. Would not be surprised if the fight ended up looking similar to Khan vs Devon Alexander.

& that version of Zab would be, what, the second-best fighter that Brook ever beat?

& har-de-har-har-har at outboxing Maidana fairly comfortably, the only dude who managed that was Mayweather (on his second go). IIRC the forums before the Khan-Maidana fight were full of "Now Khan gets found out, I can't wait" style shenanigans (from the same schmucks who said Khan'd never fight anyone decent after Prescott, too!).

The rest of your post is an extremely convoluted way of saying "Yes, I see your point, & my previous comment made no sense".

Well done.
That version of Zab lost to Pauli fucking Malignaggi. The same Pauli that got splattered by Shawn Porter who Brook handled. Yeah lets forget about Zab lol

You laugh at Khan handling Maidana but I actually rated him that high. He has the speed and boxing ability to handle anyone, he just never improved his defence which was a damn shame as far as I'm concerned. I always thought that Khan would beat Maidana.

The rest of my post acknowledges the point that Khan looks down on Brook and always has done, so stop talking shite and learn to read. It goes back to their days sparring each other in the Olympic camp where allegedly Khan always got the better of Brook. But it's clear from watching the two fighters as pros that the smart money is now on Brook. Brook can hit decently hard and has shown good countering ability. That combination is Khan's kryptonite. Khan doesn't want any part of Brook. You don't think so then you are blind and ignorant because it's so fucking obvious.

I think he is afraid to lose to Brook, because that loss will hurt him. In England he will be reminded of it wherever he goes.

When he loses to Crawford, he will be able to say he lost to one of the best guys in the world.

Someone with some common sense. If Khan thought he could beat Brook easily he would have taken that fight long a go. What better way to humble someone that you dislike so much by putting a beating on them. BUT he isn't confident that he can hand out a beating so he avoids him. The fans have been clamouring for the fight for ages, so it's not like it won't make him good money. There is no other reason that Khan won't face him.

well its 50x better than Crawford fighting very old Collazo

at least would make good numbers...

Poor undefeated lithuanian boy with name we can't pronounce.
He was the mandatory, but Khan ruined his time to shine. Oh well, everyone would have called him a can if he crawford beats him now. better push up his name more before that match.

Someone with some common sense. If Khan thought he could beat Brook easily he would have taken that fight long a go. What better way to humble someone that you dislike so much by putting a beating on them. BUT he isn't confident that he can hand out a beating so he avoids him. The fans have been clamouring for the fight for ages, so it's not like it won't make him good money. There is no other reason that Khan won't face him.

Nobody wants to lose to their neighbour and guy they despise.

You made a great post. Khan doesn't fancy it. He might make good money with Crawford, but the fight with Brook is HUGE in the uk. He would make his highest ever payday

Back