Crap, I've got Ringwork AGAIN!!!! WTF! (Pic added pg 6)

that looks too "raw" to be ringworm in my opinion.

Pete,

That clearly looks like ringworm that has be nuked already. A lot of times doctors will misdiagnose because they are not aware that you already took corrective measures presenting them with a weakened infection. My question is what size was this infection when you first noticed it? If it was that big from day one then it is probably not ringworm. If it started out tiny and spread into that then it is ringworm. Either way you have a wound that is now very susceptible to becoming an infection. Use the anti-fungal that the doctor prescribed to you.

The almost perfect circle scares me....the fact that it appears to be the same infection in the center of the circle as the outside edges points away from ringworm but since you are already working on a cure it is hard to tell. The fact that the outside edge isn't raised tell me its not ringworm or it is a no longer a contagious ringworm.

You need to weigh all of this. The only was to tell for sure is with a culture taken and examined. If you didn't treat that at all I would say no...since you say you have started healing methods I would say yes.

An easy way to tell between fungal and bacterial infections is fungal infections itch and spread slowly. Bacterial infections have puss, they are sore and can spread rapidly. You are the first to diagnose an infection. A little education on the matter will make a huge difference meaning if you realize you are breaking out with a fungal infection and treat it immediately with an anti-fungal then the infection will be cured way quicker then if you are going back and forth for a week trying to figure out what is going on. Education and awareness are you best tools.

I know this seems like a lot of rambling but I tried to give as many possibilities on a topic that I can give an hour presentation on. If you call my 866 number I sent you in the pm I may be able to help a little more.

Guy
Defense Soap

I have had it twice on my neck in the same spot too. The second time I went to the hospital and they gave me a pill that took care of it.

Unless you shaved your arm where that area is, I find it hard to believe that it is mat burn. Usually with most types of skin related diseases or whatever you would like to call them, the hair disappears.

If you DID shave the area though, it does look a lot like a bad mat burn.

Well gosh that looks like fun. I've only had ringworm once and it was before I had ever started grappling. Guess I've been pretty lucky so far not getting anything that bad. Good luck getting rid of it dude.

Unless you shaved your arm where that area is, I find it hard to believe that it is mat burn. Usually with most types of skin related diseases or whatever you would like to call them, the hair disappears.

If you DID shave the area though, it does look a lot like a bad mat burn.

I did shave all the hair off around it so I could put a bandaid and tape it when I train without having to rip out all my hair when I pull the adhesive off.

When I had Ringworm before it was really itchy and this time there isn't any ichiness to it. Last time I had it, it started out small and got bigger. This started out as a mat burn and when the outer layer of skin peeled off it started looking like this. Obviously, it's much darker than it first was since putting the bleach on it. It already looks better today so we'll see how long it takes to heal.

If you wear a Gi would you prevent ringworm ?

That doesn't look like mat burn and it would be an odd place to have a mat burn.

Don't train before you're shure you've healed, and then wait another week. Do it for your training partners' sake.

I have a buddy who is now going on his second or third type of infection. It's disgusting but at least he stays away from training.

Back