Crap, I've got Ringwork AGAIN!!!! WTF! (Pic added pg 6)

Ringworm Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What types of ringworm are there What are the symptoms on MedicineNet

argh, just researching this is giving my goosebumps.

Can wearing a Rash guard help prevent this?

As well are you grappling in a GI? or NO GI?

Sorry i'm going to start BJJ soon, trying to educate myself.

Don't worry too much about it. It's basically just Athletes Foot on your body. It's the same fungus. Wearing a rashguard will help to some degree. I always wear one but lately I've been using the short sleeve ones. Thus, the Ringworm is on my forearm.

I do both Gi and No-Gi and try to be as clean as possible. I'm going to start showering right at the gym as soon as I finish training. I'm going to call my dr. in a minute and see if I can get some meds to heal this thing ASAP.

I can't take 6 weeks off of training. I have a NAGA event in about 7 weeks and I'm not going to miss it. Last time I had it it was gone in 2 weeks.

Don't worry too much about it. It's basically just Athletes Foot on your body. It's the same fungus. Wearing a rashguard will help to some degree. I always wear one but lately I've been using the short sleeve ones. Thus, the Ringworm is on my forearm.

I do both Gi and No-Gi and try to be as clean as possible. I'm going to start showering right at the gym as soon as I finish training. I'm going to call my dr. in a minute and see if I can get some meds to heal this thing ASAP.

I can't take 6 weeks off of training. I have a NAGA event in about 7 weeks and I'm not going to miss it. Last time I had it it was gone in 2 weeks.

Have you tried defense soap? I've been using it for the past few months. Can't tell for sure that it has helped, but I've been rashless.

just reading this thread has me dragging my butt across the carpet like a dog.

nasty stuff.

good tips for cure+prevention. thankfully I've never gotten it.

Have you tried defense soap? I've been using it for the past few months. Can't tell for sure that it has helped, but I've been rashless.

I do have the Defense Soap and their wipes but I prefer the Athletic Body Care soap. The Defense soap makes my skin feel sticky which I'm not a fan of. The ABC soap doesn't give me the same feeling. I do use their wipes and I think they work great. I think the issue is that I shower when I get home from training which can be up to 2 hours after training. This would give the fungus time to grow so I'm going to be showering before I leave the gym from now on.

I just have to be extra careful because I have a 2 year old son and I def. don't want him getting it.

A dermatologist perscribed me some kick ass cream that worked much better than over the counter creams. It went away in a week and never came back.

I can't remeber the name of the cream. I've got a tube of the stuff at home. Send me a PM to remind me and I'll look when I get home.

I do have the Defense Soap and their wipes but I prefer the Athletic Body Care soap. The Defense soap makes my skin feel sticky which I'm not a fan of. The ABC soap doesn't give me the same feeling. I do use their wipes and I think they work great. I think the issue is that I shower when I get home from training which can be up to 2 hours after training. This would give the fungus time to grow so I'm going to be showering before I leave the gym from now on.

I just have to be extra careful because I have a 2 year old son and I def. don't want him getting it.

I'm in the same boat, but I shower after the gym (at night) so the sticky feeling isn't a huge deal. Actually helps when I just rinse a little longer after and if it feels bad I just wash with normal soap after which helps.

I have young kids as well and this is always a concern.

You really think it's coincidence that the new ringworm appeared right where the old one was? Even though you think you did, you never got rid of it the first time. That stuff is notorious for sticking around.

You don't have to take 6 weeks off of training, but you should take at least a couple. But you should be using lamisil for the next 6 weeks at least. I'd buy the regular lamisil (apply it twice a day, morning and noon) and the ultra kind (apply it once a day before bed) and wash your arm (preferably with an antifungal soap) each time before you apply.

I actually have a doctors appointment at 2pm today so hopefully he'll get me a good prescription that will clear this quickly.

It is def. possible that the last time I had it that it never fully went away and it just reappeared. I'll ask my doctor about this and how long after it's healed that I should apply this cream or spray.

just reading this thread has me dragging my butt across the carpet like a dog.

nasty stuff.

good tips for cure+prevention. thankfully I've never gotten it.

paranoia :|

I have only gotten once about 2yrs ago. Are you washing your GI right after practice? Do you put any bleach in the washer as well?

I wrestled all throughout HS, teammate had ringworm, helped after HS, and also do BJJ and never got this stuff. Some people definitely have to be more susceptible to it. I know you have NAGA coming up but don't be selfish if your issues still persist.

Good luck.

p.s. I think Athletic Body Care approaches it differently than Defense soap. It seems as their active ingredient is Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC) and Defense Soap uses Tree oil.

PistolPeteMMA

You need to treat the infected area at least three weeks after any visible sign of the infection is gone. I like to take a black sharpie and place a dot in the middle of the ringworm. Then everyday when you treat it place a black dot on the old dot so that you remember exactly where to apply the cream.

Guy
Defense Soap

Here are my personal tips from Defense Soap

In the Shower

1. Do not lather directly under the flow of water. Allow soap to remain on skin momentarily.
2. Use a loofah (mesh sponge) but not too vigorously. Vigorous scrubbing will cause small abrasions to the surface of the skin allowing penetration by the sources of infection.
3. Wash the back of the neck and hairline thoroughly. The Collar Tie is responsible for the over abundance of skin infections found here. Our hands touch everything in the wrestling room including the mats, our bodies, our opponent

Number 1 cause of stuff like this spreading is douchebags saying they'll just put tape over it. That is like saying you'll Pull out.

Stop being a douchebag.

Here are my personal tips from Defense Soap

In the Shower

1. Do not lather directly under the flow of water. Allow soap to remain on skin momentarily.
2. Use a loofah (mesh sponge) but not too vigorously. Vigorous scrubbing will cause small abrasions to the surface of the skin allowing penetration by the sources of infection.
3. Wash the back of the neck and hairline thoroughly. The Collar Tie is responsible for the over abundance of skin infections found here. Our hands touch everything in the wrestling room including the mats, our bodies, our opponent

You might want to stay off the mats for a few days. Tape or no tape ringworm gets around.

Guy and whoever- sell a mositurizer or if you already do- send me some/Im ordering some. Im talking one for hands, one for face etc

Back