Crap, I've got Ringwork AGAIN!!!! WTF! (Pic added pg 6)

PistolPeteMMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, I have Ringworm again. I had it about 6 months ago and have been without it ever since. I'm super cautious in preventing it as I use Defense Wipes right after training and then shower and use the Athletic Body Care bodywash. I have it on my forearm but luckily in only one spot. It's almost the exact same spot as when I got it before. This time however, I'm using bleach to kill the bacteria and hoping it will heal quickly. Looks like I'll be taping up my arm before training for the next week or so.

this sucks ass!!!

Last edited:
The gym cleans the mats at least twice a day. I'm not sure if someone I was rolling with had it and gave it to me or if it was just on the mat. What's weird is that I got it in the same spot both times. Hopefully the bleach will kill it quickly.

thats sucks ive never gotten ringworm or anything and ive been at my gym for 2 yrs.

i thought you might be a referee or a corner man
im gonna blame the thread title for this one.

Well, I have Ringworm again. I had it about 6 months ago and have been without it ever since. I'm super cautious in preventing it as I use Defense Wipes right after training and then shower and use the Athletic Body Care bodywash. I have it on my forearm but luckily in only one spot. It's almost the exact same spot as when I got it before. This time however, I'm using bleach to kill the bacteria and hoping it will heal quickly. Looks like I'll be taping up my arm before training for the next week or so.

this sucks ass!!!

you do know ringworm isn't caused by bacteria, right?

I went to the vet with my dog once because i thought he had it, and the vet said it's easier for light skinned people to get it. Not sure if thats true or not. I've never had it.

Your skin has natural defenses against that stuff that go away if you clean too much, scrub too hard, shower too many time or whatever.

Maybe you're too cautious.

Sometimes when you get ringworm it doesn't always go away and something can bring it back randomly. Make sure once it looks like it disappears keep applying your cream for a while to fully kill it.

Your skin has natural defenses against that stuff that go away if you clean too much, scrub too hard, shower too many time or whatever.

Maybe you're too cautious.

Yeah.. I believe Hilary reiterated this with scientific support a little while ago..

defense isn't supposed to kill the skin's natural flora. not sure about ABC

you may not have fully gotten rid of it before, keep applying like they said

also I'm remembering bleach isn't your best bet, forget why though

Take some time off of training until it is gone 100%. Wrapping your arm won't guarantee it doesn't spread to anyone else in the gym. The more people you give it to the most likely they will give it back to you again in the future.

Instead of using wipes, can you shower at the gym immediately after class?

Take some time off of training until it is gone 100%. Wrapping your arm won't guarantee it doesn't spread to anyone else in the gym. The more people you give it to the most likely they will give it back to you again in the future.

Instead of using wipes, can you shower at the gym immediately after class?

This. Take time off and use lotrimin on the area long (6 weeks) after the ringworm disappears, or you'll just end up passing that crap around forever.

It could be eczema- also bleach is gonna fuck you up badly- research how bleach is caustic and how you're destroying your body.

Taping it up is not going to protect your training partners, and it will just spread and you'll get it again. I'd to a doctor, get the cream, apply the FULL duration of the cream, and get rid of this once an for all.

I feel your pain bro, some people are more susceptible to it than other people, almost like poison ivy. I know some people that can roll around in poison ivy and not even itch, then some other people can be in the area of it and break out in welts.

I'm very susceptible to ring worm too. Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing. Make sure that when you wash you're hitting the high traffic areas (the arms, neck, ears, head, face and legs) as well as the normal parts you wash. I might even go back and wash them again.

Get some ringworm cream ASAP but if you REALLY want to get rid of it fast use the cream in couple with some oral pills from the doctor. It will be gone in a snap.

This. Take time off and use lotrimin on the area long (6 weeks) after the ringworm disappears, or you'll just end up passing that crap around forever.

This.

Take time off, no sense in passing your skin aids onto someone else.

Back