Cptn1NSAN0's messed up priorities.

No herpes for this guy, I always use a dental dam when I make out with chicks.

It's just a joke dude. I find it more amusing you're named after this guy.

insano.jpg

I'm not afraid to embrace the double eye poke when threatened.

I got that book have not read it does it really help that much?

It helped me a lot, I used to be deathly afraid of girls. It's more of a story than a how-to guide however, so take it for what it is. It's not without it's share of sillyness but there really is some interesting information and theories discusses in it that you wouldn't really know unless you were taught.

dude you're 21. quit worrying about shit.

It's hard not to freak out when all of my friends are graduating from college and I still have yet to accomplish a single thing with my life.

Hope this helped

That's an amazing scene. Alan Arkin is an all timer. I love Steven Carrell subtlety.

TS -you need to figure out what you actually enjoy that has a personal growth element to it. This is a major part of growing up -recognizing what actual enjoyment is and not doing things because someone tells you it's fun or it's cool or it's a way to relate to others ot get attention.

Real Happiness is something more

Strictly hedonistic behaviour is fleeting and largely empty after the thrill and endorphines from initial idea or chase passes.

That's an amazing scene. Alan Arkin is an all timer. I love Steven Carrell subtlety.

TS -you need to figure out what you actually enjoy that has a personal growth element to it. This is a major part of growing up -recognizing what actual enjoyment is and not doing things because someone tells you it's fun or it's cool or it's a way to relate to others ot get attention.

Real Happiness is something more

Strictly hedonistic behaviour is fleeting and largely empty after the thrill and endorphines from initial idea or chase passes.

I'm starting to learn these things now. It's been tough to swallow but I guess I'm glad that I'm growing up.

Thanks for the support fellas.

What do you mean? Where you literally going out almost every night looking for women?

Yes. I'd say 4-5 nights a week, and I live in a college town. I've developed a bit of a drinking problem in the process.

I'm thinking you need a couple more hobbies, that's all. Life tends to feel empty when you don't have much to do to keep you occupied.

For example, my hobby is music. I would be a miserable bastard if I didn't play music with my band every week. It's what I always look forward too. Anytime I feel like crap about anything, music is what I go to.

Yes. I'd say 4-5 nights a week, and I live in a college town. I've developed a bit of a drinking problem in the process.

Got it.

If I recall correctly Mystery was suffering from depression in the book at some point despite all the women he was bedding. I think the point is having sex with various girls isn't an answer to actually fulfilling your life. Thats probably by design. 'Naturally' guys have a variety of women based on their accomplishments. You know if you're a baseball player baseball is your life and the women come along as a result. Or say if you're doctor/lawyer with a cool social circle.....then women will fall into place usually. Even with Hugh Hefner, the women were a result of his accomplishments. So if your life is just based on the women its probably a result of trying to make up for something. Hence most PUAs didn't get women early on in life.

Got it.

If I recall correctly Mystery was suffering from depression in the book at some point despite all the women he was bedding. I think the point is having sex with various girls isn't an answer to actually fulfilling your life. Thats probably by design. 'Naturally' guys have a variety of women based on their accomplishments. You know if you're a baseball player baseball is your life and the women come along as a result. Or say if you're doctor/lawyer with a cool social circle.....then women will fall into place usually. Even with Hugh Hefner, the women were a result of his accomplishments. So if your life is just based on the women its probably a result of trying to make up for something. Hence most PUAs didn't get women early on in life.

Nailed it.

I think I need a girlfriend. I'm really into this one girl who's been around in my life for the better part of this year, but it's complicated. However all these epiphanies are inspiring me to grab the things I want in life, and I'll be fucking damned if I let this one get away.

Nailed it.

I think I need a girlfriend. I'm really into this one girl who's been around in my life for the better part of this year, but it's complicated. However all these epiphanies are inspiring me to grab the things I want in life, and I'll be fucking damned if I let this one get away.

Never say that again. Self-Reliance, my boy. Self Reliance.

What you need, that is.

Never say that again. Self-Reliance, my boy. Self Reliance.

What you need, that is.

I'm crazy about her. I'm tired of suppressing/denying these feelings, I think I'm cheating myself out of something beautiful.

i remember that quote. it was from the "do you think pickup artists are losers?" thread. can't say i disagree with what he said. if the women/men you pine after knew how obsessed you were with what they think/feel about you, you'd get humiliated.

Back