Cowboy's standup is literally the definition of stiff and uncoordinated

nopeavi

Coral Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
not hating but man his form has always been so cringe to me...i'm not sure anything could or should be done to change him at this point but what do you guys think? any way to loosen him up a bit and make him strike more naturally? maybe some god damn yoga or watch some bruce lee movies or hire Conor's old coach that does grab ass on the beach?

Inb4 slow motion gif of combo on Rick Story

Donald is standing too tall and mainly just links strikes together instead of using slips and rolls to set it up.

tumblr_ocbaj6GIQW1upwz95o1_400.gif

Yea. Garbage.

delete your account. probably one of the best strikers in the division. He's always "stiff" in the first round.

This is literally the most retarded thread of the day.

Cowboy's striking has looked great in other fights. Each fight is different. Sometimes your timing and distance feels off with certain opponents, especially in the first round. If I recall correctly, Al Iaquinta had his best moments very early in the fight but then Cowboy took over from rounds 2 to 5.

Unfortunately for Cowboy he got caught with a big punch in the first round with Gaethje.

Cowboy is a great fighter and is probably still top 10. No shame in losing to Gaethje who is also a great fighter.

He get .., ok I don't want to say scared but I can't find a better word, sometimes he looks great and in front of certain fighters he looks scared, I can't forget the fight with Diaz

it's like....it's like he is stuck in the mud almost

He’s got great technique in his strikes, but has the terrible habit very common among kickboxers where he keeps his head right on the center line.
He’s gotten a little better over the years...but goddamn it’s so frustrating to watch sometimes.

He is also a bully fighter, if things don’t go his way quickly he tends to check out shortly after.

I'm not sure you know what that word means

Odd fighter. Overrated striker and underrated grappler. He's very upright and his head is stationary.

Cowboy got old. Few professional athletes would be remembered well if we only remembered the 37 year old version of them.

Back