Cowboy vs Poirier - Who Wins?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if they booked Cowboy vs Poirier next (they won't, but let's pretend), who do you see winning? Could you see Cowboy defeating Dustin or is this one pretty much a wrap for The Diamond?

Cowboy would be a difficult opponent but Poirier has some of the best pressure and boxing in the division and it would give cerrone issues

I like the match up. Today-- gotta go with Dustin even though I believe Cerrone's stint at 170 will make him better at 155.
That's really a good fight id like to see.

I also believe with dustin, Donald and Conor all being predominant stand up fighters that Conor would actually be a bigger favorite over Cerrone than a rematch with Dustin .
I bring up that OPINION to help with topic.

I'd take Poirier in that one, would be a good matchup.

If you re noob its possible that you can pick Dustin but anyone who knows the game would easily say Donald by whatever

Donald literally by whatever he wants
Donald’s a better kick boxer, wrestler and grappler. He’s also bigger with a longer reach.
Dustins boxing isn’t on the level to give him problems.

I’d back cerrone vs every top 5 other than McGregor and Khabib (for obvious reasons)
Tony gets knocked down to much for his pressure to break cerrone, Donald by head kick tko
AL is a poor mans Alvarez leg kicks and head kick beats him.
Poirer is just not good enough

Great matchup, idk tbh. Can see it going either way. Poirier's the better boxer, cerrone the better kicker. Grappling I would give the edge to donald. It would be exciting.​

Hypothetically, if they booked Cowboy vs Poirier next (they won't, but let's pretend), who do you see winning? Could you see Cowboy defeating Dustin or is this one pretty much a wrap for The Diamond?
Duh, who you think wins?

That's a very good fight on paper Imo

I agree...

Not sure why I haven’t thought about this match-up in recent months...

Dustin definitely has more power and probably better combination boxer...

Cerrone better muy Thai/kickboxing...

Wrestling/BJJ seem pretty even to me...

This should be a great fight... but it’s mma..

Cerrone could starch Dustin in the 1st round and vice versa...

But i would bet on a very good fight..

Back