Cowboy vs Kevin Lee

Bob Sapp

Red Belt
Reaction score
Who do you think would win this fight at 155?

Cerrone would be smart enough to let Lee gas himself in a round or two at most. Lee can go cry about a 165 division afterward.

Cowboy obliterates Lee.

Kevin is overrated as fuck. He is barely top 10 at 155.

giphy.gif

He just son'd the guy that beat him twice

Hard to say. Who has a better guard, Cerrone or Ferguson? Lee was able to cut right through Ferguson's guard, mount him and get a 10-8 round before gassing (and he had staph infection which caused him to gas out more quickly).

Lee would take Cerrone down for sure, but then what would happen? I lean towards Cerrone though.

Lee is not in his class atm. Cowboy is entering the class of fighters that soundly defeated him throughout his career imo. Lee doesn't have the heart, cardio, or skillset. Cowboy is the better striker, has the better cardio by a country mile, and has grappling that's just as good as Lee's, if not better.

Cowboy chews him up. If Lee was in there last night he would've easily quit a few times in that fight, and would likely be TKO'd before he had the chance to. Lee has the potential to evolve and if he can fix his glaring and huge detrimental issues, maybe one day that could be a more even and intriguing fight.

Cowboy obliterates Lee.

Kevin is overrated as fuck. He is barely top 10 at 155.
This. I have no idea where the hype for this guy comes from but his list of wins is incredibly underwhelming. It seems that anyone who beats Barboza is suddenly "amazing" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Iaquinta is more skilled than Lee but he also has a weak resume for a top 10 guy (Masvidal win was a complete robbery). His inactivity has really hurt his potential IMHO

Lee wins the first round with wrestling and then gets KTFO in round 2 or 3. Or he might panic wrestle and get subbed in those rounds.

Lee's only chance would be to get an early takedown, somehow get Cerrone's back, and RNC him. Not an easy task. Al was piecing Lee up standing. Cowboy would carve him up there.

Hard to say. Who has a better guard, Cerrone or Ferguson? Lee was able to cut right through Ferguson's guard, mount him and get a 10-8 round before gassing (and he had staph infection which caused him to gas out more quickly).

Lee would take Cerrone down for sure, but then what would happen? I lean towards Cerrone though.

Yea, I feel like Lee is being underrated right now. Lee has an incredibly strong top game. In a five round fight I don’t think he’s figured out how to beat a top contender yet. But Lee is an animal, and if everything clicked that night he could beat anyone.

Cerrone wins this one by TKO

Back